Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your Favorite Wallpaper sites

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

I really love wallpapers so much so that I have over three thousand and growing. So I would like have a discussion about your favorite wallpaper sites. :)

Some of mine include the fallowing:

Deviantart

Wallpaperswide.com

Wallhaven

Interfacelift

Pickywallpapers

Digitalblasphemy

Facets.la

Desktopnexus

Photobucket

Meh.ro (dark humor)

Cgsociety.org

Theres a few more such as anime wallpaper sites but not everyone likes anime, please make sure the sites you suggest are safe and legit. :thumbup2:  :busy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 willhily24

willhily24

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

Some of my favourites are:-

4Chan
VladStudio
DevianArt
Pickywallpapers..

Edit: Spam Link Deleted. ~ Animal

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

I never heard of VladStudio thanks for sharing willhily24 it looks promising. :) Speaking of 4Chan thats where a lot of Wallhaven's wallpapers come from its the successor to Wallbase.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

I find a lot of photos on DIGG.  Often they have other links of similar photos.

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

I never tried DIGG I'm not a fan of random links. Has anyone tried Wallpoper? I've used them a few times before it just feels like the site is unsecure mabe I'm just being paranoid. :crazy:

#6 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

I'm currently using the APOD app for my phone walpaper at the moment. It automatically sets the current Astronomey picture of the day as the wallpaper of your phone. :thumbsup2:

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:11 AM

I'm currently using the APOD app for my phone walpaper at the moment. It automatically sets the current Astronomey picture of the day as the wallpaper of your phone. :thumbsup2:

Cool :thumbup2: Have you ever heard of Muzei Live Wallpaper or Wallpaper Wizardrii (Android apps)? Muzei is open source and supports add-ons such as a NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day add-on, And Wallpaper Wizardrii (my favorite) it can reshape any image to fit your screen without cropping it. :)

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

@SuperSapien64, Great Topic and now I don't feel so bad as to be one of the only on the Linux forum section to have so many Wallpapers lol.  Only have about 30-50 don't know for sure but it makes my computing more fun!  Like the sites you posted also, and still finding more, it's a bit harder than I thought to find good wallpapers.  Now have all that I need.  There used to be a site called VEGDOO or something to that effect and it had the most insane wallpapers I have ever seen, mostly their Abstract Art was phenomenal.  Unfortunately I lost all of them when I pulled out my usb during shutdown, or startup - forget.  Then found out that the site was shut down - so sad.  Nothing like it anywhere now!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#9 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

@SuperSapien64, Great Topic and now I don't feel so bad as to be one of the only on the Linux forum section to have so many Wallpapers lol.  Only have about 30-50 don't know for sure but it makes my computing more fun!  Like the sites you posted also, and still finding more, it's a bit harder than I thought to find good wallpapers.  Now have all that I need.  There used to be a site called VEGDOO or something to that effect and it had the most insane wallpapers I have ever seen, mostly their Abstract Art was phenomenal.  Unfortunately I lost all of them when I pulled out my usb during shutdown, or startup - forget.  Then found out that the site was shut down - so sad.  Nothing like it anywhere now!

Glad you like it, BTW I discovered most of these site from the defunct Blekko (search engine) although DuckDuckGo & Startpage are pretty good for finding images. I know the feeling I use to love Wallbase but it went under on the upside it was picked up by Wallhaven. :clapping:

And BTW if looking Abstract Art I recommend Wallhaven: http://alpha.wallhaven.cc/search?q=Abstract&categories=111&purity=100&sorting=relevance&order=desc&page=3

#10 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:54 AM

I just discovered another interesting wallpaper site called MrWallpaper http://www.mrwallpaper.com/

#11 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

I just discovered another interesting wallpaper site called MrWallpaper http://www.mrwallpaper.com/

-REF:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596302/your-favorite-wallpaper-sites/#entry3949203

Thanks for sharing the link. I just got a whole bunch of good ones from there. I really like this abstract. I'm using it as my wallpaper of the day. Also just spend like an hour downloading stuff from Wallhaven, so thanks for sharing that one too.

#12 Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

Sorry for dredging up a thread from the deep but I though I would add Blatte's Backgrounds to the mix. I like it because he has a lot specifically designed for dual-monitor setups.

Note you do have to read the Terms of Service to get the username and password to sign in - this is to prevent bad guys from playing games there.

kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gifWindows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
───────────────────────

#13 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

Sorry for dredging up a thread from the deep but I though I would add Blatte's Backgrounds to the mix. I like it because he has a lot specifically designed for dual-monitor setups.

Note you do have to read the Terms of Service to get the username and password to sign in - this is to prevent bad guys from playing games there.

Thanks for sharing. :)

#14 Foldingchair

Foldingchair

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

What am I supposed to answer if I create my own? :tophat:

"Peace and blessings be upon you all."

#15 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

@Foldingchair

What am I supposed to answer if I create my own?

localhost  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users