Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Threshold 2

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

Looks like roll-out is off to a rocky start based on early reports. MS advises to remove SD card if download hangs at 44% but other users report hanging at various degrees of download. Anyone download yet? Bugs?

Edited by Artbuc, 13 November 2015 - 04:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

Another topic on same subject HERE   ....

My pc downloaded and installed Cumulative Update for 64 bit systems...KB3105213

wivar ( Win Key + R keys and enter winver then press on Enter)  shows build 10240....I was under the impression it should show build 1511

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

My download went fine. (Home x64) It spent about 40 minutes "installing" and then failed. Haven't tried my Pro x64, yet. I might go the Media Creation Tool route, tomorrow.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,932 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

If someone knows of a "step-by-step" set of instructions for using the MCT disc to do an update to Threshold 2 on a PC with Win10 already installed could you please point me to it?

I'm downloading the latest ISO but don't even want to try the process unless there's a clear "update your PC"-type option rather than the "Upgrade your PC" or "Clean Install" options.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#5 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

This is kind of funny I useually have trouble doing things on here but the update came thru and installed without a hitch.

Win 10 Home the free version.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to win X (where X = the unknown)...!!!

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Download and installation went OK ----automatic, and did not take that long, less than 30 minutes I think. Seems to be running without a hitch so far but have not tried all the 'new features'. 32 bit Windows 10 Home 2in1 tablet. The upgrade was mostly OK too. I seem to have been quite lucky (touch wood).Good luck to everyone else.

#8 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

I haven't even seen the update? It hasn't appeared on either of my machines? Did a check and get 'No updates available'.

#9 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

It may not even be available in the Uk or Europe yet . I think Canada only recently started getting it.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#10 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

If someone knows of a "step-by-step" set of instructions for using the MCT disc to do an update to Threshold 2 on a PC with Win10 already installed could you please point me to it?

I'm downloading the latest ISO but don't even want to try the process unless there's a clear "update your PC"-type option rather than the "Upgrade your PC" or "Clean Install" options.

I'm installing it now, on my desktop. (Pro x64) It definitely said "Upgrade", not "Update". It's also acting like it did when I upgraded from 7. Even had to agree to the EULA. I'll keep you posted.

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

Now that is interesting.....the Cumulative Update KB3105213 did not require a agreement to another EULA (!!!)...(brainout will be thrilled !!)....

So...it is reasonable to say that the abovementioned update is NOT the "Threshold" thingie/upgrade....

EDIT....I am probably wrong there, leithanne....you are using the MCT  ?

Edited by Condobloke, 13 November 2015 - 06:30 PM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

Yes, I'm using the MCT on my desktop. The failed installation, through WU, on my lappy did not ask me to agree to the EULA. Stranger and stranger....

#13 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

Well, that worked. I have upgraded to 1511, using the MCT. Now, off to check if any of my settings got changed.

Willabong, I never got the option, on this pc, to upgrade through WU, either, but the MCT worked. 

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,856 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

From Infoworld

Windows 10 upgrade woes include deleted apps, system hangs

There's a thread on Reddit that describes how many software products are removed when upgrading to v 1511. Among the programs mentioned: CPU-Z, speccy, 8gadgetpack, a Cisco VPN client, SATA drivers, SpyBot, RSAT, the F5 VPN, and HWMonitor. Apparently moving from Win10 RTM to v 1511 is similar to upgrading from Win7 or Win8.1 to v 1511, except there's no advanced scan to warn you what will be removed. Fortunately, there's a list of removed apps that appears in the notification center when you boot.

If you're having other problems with the upgrade, first take a look at the Windows Update FAQ. I was personally surprised to see this admonition:

If it's been less than 31 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, you won't get the November update right away; this will allow you to go back to your previous version of Windows if you choose. After the 31 days have passed, your PC will automatically download the November update

#15 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

I lost Speecy and CPU-Z. Didn't have any of the others.

More importantly, Fast Start Up was re-enabled, and I had to reset my default browser, etc. My privacy settings seem to be untouched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users