Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Taskbar Notification Tray - "NORAD" operations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,446 posts
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

Taskbar Notification Tray - "RollerStoller NORAD" operations
[Control Panel --> Notifications --> Show Icons and Notifications]
  Almost any program or utility that can place an icon into this tray, I welcome and allow same to do so.  I want any/all such icons to be visible at all times, from boot to shutdown.
  Reasons:  I want my "RollerStoller NORAD" to inform me, directly or indirectly, of anything becoming amiss or already amiss.  When any particular icon or icons "go missing" a few times, I begin to check out the Windows innards and attempt to find out the cause[s], and apply appropriate solution[s].  Also newly-installed, welcomed, things appear -- letting me know such are ready for action.
  Having between 21-27 icons in that try can sometimes lead to icon-lathergy on my part, however, I try to eye-ball the group daily, and hopefully become alert to any missing-in-action icon[s] -- 'cause sometimes that means a particular program or utility is not working completely.
  This "NORAD" has come in handy numerous times, alerting me of this, that, the other.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

Do you have a question? Are you saying that this app keeps disappearing from the task bar and you are trying to figure out how to make it stay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users