Use the Disk Cleanup tool to remove redundant files.
Type disk cleanup in the Search programs and files box, then press enter. Follow the prompts.
1. Save any unsaved work. (TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!)
2. Double-click on TFC.exe to run it.
3. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
4. After Temp Flie Cleaner has run, click on Exit.
Please run AdwCleaner
When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Scan to start the scan.
Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed. If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
Click on Clean to remove the selected items. If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed. Click on OK. The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.
When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented. Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Edited by dc3, 13 November 2015 - 12:27 PM.