Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 144hz monitors & 1 970 GPU (possible..?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:30 AM

Hello everyone.  It's been a while since I've posted.  I am a newb. to computers.  I had the itch and desire to learn about computers a few months ago.  And I figured the best way to learn was to build one.  So I did.  For my build I had no specific goal.  Just build something basic and useful for basic home use ( not realy gaming...yet).  As you can see below I went way overboard for my specific needs.  Oh well.  I had fun, learned a lot, have a killer beautiful ( asthetically ) system that I'm very proud of.

i7 4790k ( non OC )
Noctua NH-D14 heatsink - cpu cooler
Gigabyte gaming 3 MOBO
32gb crucial ballastix RAM
MSI GTX 970 GPU ( non OC )
HGST 4 tbb HDD ( for files, photos and videos )
Samsung 850 pro 512gb ( or 500gb.. I don't recall ) SSD for my OS and programs.
Corsair 970 PSU
Corsair 970T case
LG optical drive
Rosewill card reader
Rosewill 4 fan controller
Acer 144hz 3D 24" monitor
Win 7 64 bit ( I will be upgrading to Win. 10 @ sometime. I just love the simplicity of Win.7 for the moment )
* I think that's everything...?

I have always wanted multiple monitors.  Now I can.

Here's my question........--->

Is it possible to run 3  144hz monitors off my 970 GPU?
 970 GPU - HDMI, Display Port, DVI-D and DVI-I
If I recall a 144hz is best support with Display port and DVI-D.

I just ordered 2 more Acer 144hz 3D 24" monitors.
Will my GPU run a total of 3 monitors @ 144hz?

My Acer 144hz monitors only have DVI-D, HDMI and VGA connectins.
I will run 1  DVI-D to a monitor.  And I was told if I get a DVI-D --> Display port adapter.  I can then have 2 monitors with DVI-D.
What about the 3rd monitor?  All I am left with from my GPU is HDMI and DVI-I.  Can it get 144hz from either of these 2 connections?  Or is there any adapter?

Thank you very much for the long winded post.  I look forward and appreciate your responses.

*** Do I need 3  144hz monitors?  No.  Do I want them?  Yes.  Am I a gamer now? No.  Will I be a gamer in the future? I'd like to be.

Edited by frldyz, 13 November 2015 - 01:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

I don't think HDMI supports 144hz unless you have version 2.0, and dvi definitely won't.  

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users