Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video RAM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moe_P

Moe_P

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:28 AM

Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire 703G, I have upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 8GB and it's running  fine, a friend suggested that I go into the bios and change the video ram from 64 128, would like to know if this would make a difference in how the machine runs.

Moe_P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

Moe_P,

If you are doing a lot of video editing, gaming or other graphics intensive work on your computer then giving your video card more RAM will help. If you are not doing graphics intensive work and everything is running fine, then there really is not a need for you to increase the video card allocated RAM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

Adding more RAM will only work on graphics cards  which do not have its own integrated RAM.  If it has its own integrated RAM you are stuck with what it came with.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

This is what Speccy shows for graphics.

Attached File  Graphics.jpg   51.69KB   0 downloads

And I don't do any video editing.

Edited by Moe_P, 13 November 2015 - 10:47 AM.

Moe_P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users