Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

infection par crypto-ransomware : mes fichiers sont cryptés avec extension .ccc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spci@list

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:10 AM

sorry I wrote the title in French , Oops

Hello, I hope to be in the correct category ! My problem is this : apparently my laptop is infected with ransomware that encrypted all my data (.doc .xls .jpg ... ) and the extension of the files is .ccc (I think it's teslacrypt 2.0 ) . 

I fully cloned the hard drive to make a exact copy of the encrypted data. And I restored factory computer to use it again.

So I have all my files encrypted on the copy on an external hdd . I discovered a text file named " recover_file_asuplxxty " with a series of numbers and letter as content, I found it in the tree view user directories .

I did not find the encryption key as indicated by some forum ( .dat example ... ).

So I can provide samples of encrypted files and the famous file " recover_file_asuplxxty ".

Do you have a procedure to decrypt the data ?

thanks for your help.

Edited by hamluis, 13 November 2015 - 07:16 AM.
Moved from Encryption Methods to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,739 posts
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

You are dealing with a newer variant of TeslaCrypt/Alpha Crypt.

Any files that are encrypted with the newer variant of TeslaCrypt will have the .exx, .xyz, .zzz, .aaa, .abc or .ccc extension appended to the end of the filename. The .aaa/.abc/.ccc variant drops files (ransom notes) with names like Recovery_File_*****.html, Recovery_File_*****.txt, restore_files_*****.html, restore_files_*****.txt, HOWTO_RESTORE_FILES_*****.txt, HOWTO_RESTORE_FILES_*****.html, HOWTO_RESTORE_FILES_*****.bmp, howto_recover_file_*****.txt, howto_recover_file_*****.html (where ***** are random characters) and pretends to be CryptoWall 3.0.

A repository of all current knowledge regarding TeslaCrypt, Alpha Crypt and newer variants is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this topic: TeslaCrypt and Alpha Crypt Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

Information about and support for decrypting files affected by Alpha Crypt & TeslaCrypt ransomware can be found in this topic:
TeslaDecoder released to decrypt .EXX, .EZZ, .ECC files encrypted by TeslaCrypt

Unfortunately there is no way to decrypt the newer TeslaCrypt variants (.xyz, .zzz, .aaa, .abc, .ccc) without Tesla's private key. These variants no longer store any data files on the local disk and information stored in the registry as binary data only contains public keys and each shared secret.

Unfortunately there is no solution for .ccc variant of TeslaCrypt. This variant can be decrypted only by their private key except your randomly generated and never stored private key.

BloodDolly, Post #200

...ccc and abc variants are very similiar and can't be decrypted without Tesla's private key, your generated private key or private keys used for file encryption.

BloodDolly, Post #136

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic:Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users