Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buzzing fan sound inside case

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toony

Toony

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

A week ago I had this issue after trying to change my ram (whether this triggered it or not, I don't know). Since then, as soon as I power the PC on (before windows or really even the harddisk begins spinning) a non-stop BZZZZZZ sound happens. This sound does not stop as long as the PC is running but changes in intensity as if a fan is spinning up super fast for no reason then slowing down. I cannot tell what is causing this, I just have a standard cpu fan and the fan in the PSU and I believe a fan on the GPU from what I know. There is constant sound like a fan speeding up then slowing then kind of sputtering as if it's having issues keeping up.

I cannot tell if this is something with the fan on the cpu, the psu fan, gpu fan or saomething else entirely, and don't really know how to narrow it down. From visuals, I cannot notice any issues with the fan on the CPU, can't really see the gpu one or psu one well.

If needed, here are my specs

4gb ddr3 ram

1 tb HDD WD Black

GTX 750

I3-2120

Asrock b75m

Win 7 Ultimate

I'm planning on just building an entirely new PC at the end of the month but for the time being this buzzing is maddening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

Try unplugging one fan at a time. While you are already in your pc, I would recommend spraying canned air to clean it out.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users