Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

openSUSE 13.1 Reaches End of Life on January 5, 2016, Update to openSUSE Leap 42

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dazzzler

Dazzzler

• Banned Spammer
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:14 AM

Announced two years ago, on November 19, 2013, the openSUSE 13.1 operating system introduced a great number of new features, including the GNOME 3.10 and KDE Software Compilation 4.10 desktop environments, LibreOffice 4.1 and Calligra 2.7.4 office suites, Mozilla Firefox 24 and Chromium 31 web browsers, YaST 3.0, and Zypper 1.9.

In the initial announcement, the openSUSE Project noted the fact that they've extended the maintenance life cycle for openSUSE 13.1 to three years, but today they're announcing the end of life on January 5, 2016, which is ten months earlier than expected.

What this means is that starting with January 5, the openSUSE 13.1 operating system will no longer receive software updates and security patches. However, the Evergreen community team is already thinking about picking up the maintenance, which means that the OS might receive updates for a longer period.

http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/opensuse-13-1-reaches-end-of-life-on-january-5-2016-update-to-opensuse-leap-42-1-496107.shtml

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

Considering 13.1 was the last openSUSE distro I used that worked with my printer I will certainly consider openSUSE dead.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users