Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media disconnected and no Internet though connected to wireless network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Supermanno

Supermanno

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

Hello, I downloaded some malware and tried to remove it with Malwarebytes, and it seemed to have worked except that now I get this problem of not being able to connect to the Internet although I'm clearly connected. When I tried to release and renew the IP address I get the error that the media is disconnected. Thank you so much in advance

Attached Files

Edited by Supermanno, 13 November 2015 - 01:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supermanno

Supermanno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

I'm about to do a fresh install of the OS, so if there's any of you who wants to help me, it's gonna need to be done pretty soon! I'm on my wits end! :)

#3 Supermanno

Supermanno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

Solved. Download ADWCLeaner. Fixed! :) thanks anyways guys. As my first post I'm not impressed with the promptness of the replies...

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

We are helpers here working from free.
As much as possible the topic are answered on the first come first serve basis.

If all is well.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide best security practices keep safe.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/
===

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users