Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VCP97

VCP97

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

Hi there,

recently I've been having trouble with Windows 7 wanting to switch me out of Aero mode no matter what I've attempted to do to fix it. I've tried numerous things, such as switching it manually using the command prompt -

net stop uxsms

net start uxsms

which may work for a few seconds, but then immediately switches back to basic. I've also tried additions in the regedit as I've found some people have had success with it online, but it has not been fixed so far. I've tried playing with the "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" entry with Services.msc, and the same issue with the command prompt fix happens. It simply returns to basic a few seconds after.

In performance options I've switched Visual Effects to Custom with all options on, as well as trying best appearance. Troubleshooting Aero also does nothing. I don't think it is an issue with my hardware, as it performs pretty well when it comes to gaming on newer titles, which I do regularly. Are there any ideas as to how to fix this, or prevent windows from switching out constantly? Is it a bug with a driver, perhaps? 

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:18 AM

I would try System Restore to before the problem occurred.

TsVk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users