Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Etilqs files and ADs

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tottem

Tottem

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Hello everyone!

Today, i was deleting the files from temp folder when I noticed that there are some files that I can't delete, because a certain program is running. These files are etilqs files. How could I delete them? This is the first questiong.

Second: Sometimes, for example, I noticed this when I was downloading with Clipconverter.cc from Youtube that when I pressed the download button, an ad opened in a new tab meanwhile I have ADblock. I checked my CPU with ADWcleaner and didn't find any malicious file. Could you tell me why do they open?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

Generally you need to shut down the program that has a lock on a file you're trying to delete before you delete it.  I have also had success sometimes using command prompt to delete files that Windows Explorer or File Explorer would not let me touch for some reason.

AdBlock is not perfect.  Certain ads can get through their filters because they've not yet been identified for inclusion.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

The problem is that I don't know what program does it use exactly.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,142 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

Try deleting the files in command prompt first.  If that doesn't work then try booting into safe mode and deleting them that way (no program should be running in safe mode that's not part of the OS).

I don't recognize the ETLIQ and when I search for it the results are for ETL files.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

How to delete them in command prompt? And what files are ETL files?

Edited by Tottem, 12 November 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#6 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Hi tottem:

Googling the etilqs produces this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/what-are-etilqs-files/fbab1341-acf2-4013-8394-324f2679aa89?auth=1

They are produced by this program as per link above explains:

FWIW, these files are generated by a program using the SQLite database engine. The etilqs in etilqs_oF0FH4tamunzfdY is lower case SQLite spelled backwards. The rest of the filename are simply randomly selected letters and numbers that attempt to create a unique file name that will not conflict with any previously named file on your system.

SQLite is a database much like Microsoft access but it's much easier to write SQL queries into an SQL database, which requires coding or programming experience.  Many people download this program since it's free or low-cost and an easy intro into modern database programming design.  Some applications use this program's database for their own unique purposes.  If you are not trying to learn database programming, it's probably safe to delete both the app (SQLite) and any of the temp hidden files they generate on your hard drive.  I suggest you use a program called REVO UNINSTALLER to remove SQLite if you cannot manually remove it from UNINSTALL PROGRAMS in W10 control panel.

If you are still having problems uninstalling the app or uninstall it but continue to get temp files you can't erase, you should consider using MSCONFIG.EXE to troubleshoot your startup services and startup programs.  Disable all services first, reboot and see if the problem abates.  If it doesn't go back into MSCONFIG.EXE and then disable all startup programs.  This should fix it.  If it does, you'll have to go back and enable startup programs one at a time until you find the offending program title, and then go and use REVO to uninstall it.  Repeat the process it the problem continues in startup services.  If none of these options work, try booting into SAFE MODE and see if the temp files are still being created.  If they are, you have a more serious problem with that program causing windows system file corruption.  Post back for more things you can try.  If you're in hurry, do a W10 Clean Install, and DON'T INSTALL ANY PROGRAMS until you boot W10 and verify that those etilqs files are gone for good.  Then install your apps one a time, retesting after each and every newly installed app until you can narrow down the offending program; then remove it.

Keep us posted on your progress,

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

#7 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

I didn't find SQLite in Uninstall programs and with Revo uninstaller.

#8 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

I ticked out one of those two, exactly the first one, and the temp files are gone, and it's automatically changed back the settings on their own. Is it ok? http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/151113/asd_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

#9 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

Hard to tell what you did there due to it being Austrian which I don't read.  Is this the MSCONFIG.EXE screen?  If the temp files are gone, that's a step in the right direction.  If you didn't find the SQLite files or program with REVO; then it's some other program app that's using SQLite and there are 2 ways to find this:

1.)  You'll have to use MSCONFIG.EXE as I explained, disabling all startup services, and then all startup apps; going back in and re-enabling them one at a time, until the temp files reappear.  Once they do, then the last startup service or startup app you re-enabled is the cause of your problem.  If it's a service, you can then look at the service description, say it says something like "Google" or "YouTube"; then you'll have to remove all programs that have those names attached to them.  Sometimes the service will say something like "Sysnative Touchpad"; that's a driver for your touchpad on a laptop.  That device and the driver will both need to be uninstalled.  If it's a startup app, the same method applies.  Look at the app description on MSCONFIG, and whatever the name of the app is, say "Coupons.com"; you'll have to go to Control Panel and to UNINSTALL PROGRAMS, and unstall that app from your computer.

2.) The other and more difficult way is to use REGEDIT.EXE, but when you do this I urge you to make a complete backup to external media of all your Personal Data First!!!!  Messing with the Registry is a very high-risk activity.  If you've done this before, then you know what I'm talking about.  I have no idea of your level of computer expertise or lack thereof.  So, if you are computer literate and experienced with tweaking the Registry, please understand I am not talking down to you.  This Caution is strictly for computer beginners!!  Also, before proceeding with any Registry changes, use REGEDIT to make a Backup Copy of your existing Registry and save to your Desktop.  This is a like a poor-man's SYSTEM RESTORE; if you make a mistake editing your Registry, you have a chance to reimport the Registry backup file and recover your system. 

Next, search your Registry for every instance of "SQLite", removing them 1 at a time, and then "SQL"; you'll have to remove every instance of both of those in the attempt to clean out your Registry.  You never answered me about why or how this program got onto your computer.  And further you never answered me if you were attempting how to learn SQL programming, that's what we call a Yes or No question right there.

Given this, if either one of these techniques do not solve your problem you should post back for instructions on what to try next.

<<<BBJ>>> :busy: 

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 13 November 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

Have you rebooted the computer and tried to delete them again (I didn't read all of the posts, so excuse me if this has been tried).

If you try it and you can delete them - all is good.

If you try it and you can't delete them, then it's one of the programs that starts with Windows that's locking them.

In that case, open up Task Manager, select the "More details" button, then the "Startup" tab to see what's running at startup

FYI - this isn't all that runs at startup, but it's a start.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

Whenever I try to tick out those two brackets, I always end up where I started after the restart: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/151117/bleepingre_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

The first one is something system service startup

The second one is launching data startups.

The Etilq files are gone, but I guess they'll be do the same like last time. They just gone, then came back somewhen.

Edited by Tottem, 17 November 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#12 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,142 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Tottem,

The very point that usasma was making is that if you can delete these files, and it sounds like you can, and they reappear it means that some process is creating them that runs on a routine basis.  If they are "undeletable" while the machine is running then the thing that's creating them is a process that runs all the time in the background and has a lock on them once it creates them.

Lots of things use sqlite, so it's not a surprise if these return and if they are under lock almost constantly unless you boot into safe mode (and there can be times even then that stuff will be locked if it's actually created by a Windows system process that gets started all the time - but those are rare).

~ Austin O'Malley

#13 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

If I have started my CPU in safe mod, what should I do then?

#14 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Go back to my Post #9 and reread the 2 steps there for tracking down the offending application(s). 

Bear in mind that the REGEDIT.EXE program, the program used to edit your Registry, may not work on some computers in SAFE MODE, but only in STANDARD MODE (how you normally start your computer). 

Also, I might suggest that if you were having difficulty getting into SAFE MODE on your computer, using REGEDIT especially if you've never used it before, is a high risk procedure, and quite likely to cause catastrophic system instability on your computer.  If you've never used REGEDIT before, I strongly suggest taking it to a Computer Pro.  But, hey, it's your computer and your data,  just make sure you follow our recommendations on BACKING UP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING THESE REPAIRS!! 

<<<BBJ>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 17 November 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#15 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:00 PM

I've never attempted to learn SQL programming. So the answer is no.

I'm scared to try this regedit thing, and I don't know how does the back up works. I mean, If I have made a back up and wrote on a disk (I don't know if it's possible or not), and I lose all my data. Will I be able to get back evertyhing from that disk?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users