Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install Windows 10 - Error code: 80004005

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jinn0z

jinn0z

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

Anyone have this issue as well?=/

Attached Files

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 November 2015 - 05:40 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion to Windows 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Hi,

Try this:

• open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
  • type the following command:
REAgentC /disable

You should see a message saying the Operation was Successful.

Restart the PC and try to upgrade again.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 jinn0z

jinn0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

The message - "This command can only be executed from an elevated command prompt".

Attached Files

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

You have to right click on the command prompt icon and select "Run as Administrator" to get an elevated session.  This presumes that you are logged in with a userid that has administrator privileges.

Edited by britechguy, 12 November 2015 - 06:13 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#5 jinn0z

jinn0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

^Thanks a lot. It worked for the command promt, but I encountered another error.

The error code is - 80070583

Attached Files

Edited by jinn0z, 12 November 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#6 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hi,

At this point it would be helpful to have your machine specs; i.e. Make/Model of your computer.  Is it a Desktop PC or a laptop?  Is it an OEM PC (Dell, HP, Acer, Samsung, etc.)?  Or is it a self-built PC aka custom-rig? 

Since we are tracking specific Error Codes, it would also help if you could download the free SPECCY diagnostic from piriform.com and post the resulting output text file back here to this thread so we can further analyze your computing environment. 

Currently, I don't have this specific error code in any of the posts I've helped others with on any of the 4 forums I volunteer on. 

Additionally, did your computer come with W10 pre-loaded onto it's hard drive from the factory?  Or did you upgrade an older machine that had an earlier version of windows such as Win7/8/8.1/8.1.1 or earlier?  From my experience working with W10 a little over a year now, Error Codes starting with 0X00008007XXXX or any error codes with 8007XXXX in them generally indicate a severe hardware or driver based incompatibility.  If this system was recently upgraded to W10, did you remember to run the COMPATIBILITY TEST as explained here:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6728-get-windows-10-app-check-compatibility-report-windows-10-a.html

Most self-upgraders who are home users skip this step either because they don't realize it's importance or don't even realize it exists.  I've been telling people this with W10 failures since July 29th. 

Post back the requested information, and we'll attempt to help you further.

Best,

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 12 November 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#7 jinn0z

jinn0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hello there,

Where and how can I find the make/ model? It's a desktop. I'm not sure, but this comp is an Acer Harddrive if it helps^_^;. Not self built... where can I find the OEM PC? I bought this computer at Tigerdirect...

SPECCY:

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU - bad allocation

RAM - bad allocation

Motherboard - bad allocation

Graphics - AL2216W (1680x1050@60Hz)
                 256MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6410D (Acer Incorporated [ALI])    11 °C

Storage - 465GB Seagate ST350041 3AS SATA Disk Device (SATA)    47 °C

Optical Drives - ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SATA CdRom Device

Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

I included the Operating system picture. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The machine is compatible, so it should work...

Attached Files

Edited by jinn0z, 12 November 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#8 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks for posting back.  It sounds like you have an ACER desktop PC  (since it's manufactured by a Company, ACER in this case, this is what we call an which is an OEM PC (OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer)). 

You should be able to find the Model number on a Tag or Sticker on the outside rear of the desktop Computer case, or on the underside of the tower.  Here's an example of this: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6521/~/where-is-the-model-number-located-on-my-desktop%3F

You did run the COMPATIBILITY TEST, good job there!  And yes, it shows it should work on W10. 

On the SPECCY, you only have a small portion of the entire output result; it's normally saved as a .txt file which you can then upload to the forum thread as you did the 2 pictures.  Here's a link from piriform to help you create this output text file: https://www.piriform.com/docs/speccy/using-speccy/saving-system-information-in-a-text-file

We've got a good start on things.  You are upgrading from a legit upgradeable version of Windows7 to W10; which is Ok.  In the meantime, since you have a Win7 PC, you need to know that you should be testing your hard drive, as that PC is about 6 years old technology-wise, even though SPECCY shows your build date as 11-29-12.  Hard drives are the #1 failed component in both desktops and laptops.  Desktop hard drives begin failing after 2-3 yrs. of age; which yours is, and so therefore it needs to be tested; if it fails the test then it needs to be replaced and your uprade will need to repeated.  Here's a link for both hardware and software testing of your desktop PC: http://windowsforum.com/threads/cursor-cannot-reach-top-of-quick-launch-area.214710/#post-654289

Do realize that most of the W10 upgrade failures or difficulties we see are usually due to a failed hardware component, an outdated or incompatible driver or peripheral device (such as a monitor or printer), or due to a virus/malware that got migrated over with your W10 upgrade and wasn't properly cleaned out and removed prior to the upgrade.  My link in above paragraph will help you go through the first 2 items; the 3rd you should use whatever Anti-virus you have installed on the W10 desktop and scan/remove any threats found.  If none are found, or they are found but you were able to remove them, you should additionally download and install the free MALWAREBYTES antispyware scanner program from malwarebytes.org.  Repeat the scan and threat removal procedure for spyware as you did for viruses with your virus scanner.  If you don't have a virus scanner installed on your W10 since you didn't run one on your Win7 system prior to the upgrade, simply use the built in Windows AV program from Microsoft called DEFENDER; it comes with ever W10 system.  Make sure it's not disabled; scan/remove any & all threats. 

Retest for your W10 failure code.  If it's gone you probably had a nasty virus lurking on your Win7 system prior to the upgrade that didn't get removed--the W10 upgrade does not check thoroughly for viruses/malware. 

If it's not gone, you need to consider performing a W10 Clean Install.  If that fails, you'll need to perform a Windows reset or Windows reinstallation as detailed in my troubleshooting document above; but only after the 2 precautions of backing up all your personal data to external media first, and then creating a W10 install media using the Microsoft Media Creator Tool downloadable from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Bear in mind I have not had success in creating a workable W10 bootable usb flash drive with this tool, though several of my other colleagues have.  I suggest you create on DVD media, as it's cheapest most likely to work and I have tested it myself on multiple machines upgrading to W10.

Read through what I've posted and keep us posted on your progress.

Best, :idea:
 <<<BBJ>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 12 November 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#9 jinn0z

jinn0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:42 PM

Thank you so much for the help BBJ. I decided not to upgrade the windows 7 to windows 10, because I think I have a virus or something... I will save whatever money I have and but a new comp within a few years when my comp dies out, lol.

#10 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

You're welcome.  Glad to help out here. :grinner:   I hear that, and you are certainly not alone.  If Microsoft could ever figure out a way to make upgrading your Windows as easy as taking in your old car to the new car dealer, doing a trade-in deal, and driving home in a brand new car; it would go a long way with people like you, who really don't understand how painful a Windows version upgrade is until they get WAY into it, and finally throw in the towell.

Appreciate your posting back.

Have a terrific Weekend!            :busy:

<<<BBJ>>>

#11 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

Hi,

Thank you so much for the help BBJ. I decided not to upgrade the windows 7 to windows 10, because I think I have a virus or something... I will save whatever money I have and but a new comp within a few years when my comp dies out, lol.

In that case I suggest you start a new thread on the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section or on the Am I infected? What do I do? section of this forum.

If you decide to post on the Malware Removal Logs please read Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users