Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-Mail problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Have an odd one. When anyone tries to reply to my e-mails, they get a message that the e-
mail "xxxxxxxx@att.com" is not recognized, that is not my e-mail address, not being lazy
here, called Verizon, my internet service, but as it is a Yahoo email, I would have to call
Yahoo, fun, you than get a record for an internet address and to a help page, and you type
your problem and they e-mail you the solution, they told me to try another browser, then I
knew it was a lost cause, as it does not work on any browser,so I am hoping one of you
pro's can bail me out again.Using Win 8.1
T.I.A.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 November 2015 - 05:54 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis. Email address name x'ed out by Queen-Evie to protect against spambots.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Have an odd one. When anyone tries to reply to my e-mails, they get a message that the e-
mail "xxxxxxxx@att.com" is not recognized, that is not my e-mail address, not being lazy
here, called Verizon, my internet service, but as it is a Yahoo email, I would have to call
Yahoo, fun, you than get a record for an internet address and to a help page, and you type
your problem and they e-mail you the solution, they told me to try another browser, then I
knew it was a lost cause, as it does not work on any browser,so I am hoping one of you
pro's can bail me out again.Using Win 8.1
T.I.A.
Bump

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

First of all, Verizon and AT&T are totally different providers.
Verizon has its own email domain and won't be able to help you with an AT&T mail issue.

Second, AT&T does not use .com for email addresses.
It uses att.net

Are you using webmail or an email client for your AT&T mail?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 November 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#4 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

First of all, Verizon and AT&T are totally different providers.
Verizon has its own email domain and won't be able to help you with an AT&T mail issue.

Second, AT&T does not use .com for email addresses.
It uses att.net

Are you using webmail or an email client for your AT&T mail?

Thanks, I have no idea how this happened I have not had that address for years, and don't have a clue how it made its way into my e-mail I know they are different providers, my question is how to fix it, Yahoo no help, Verizon say to get help from them. I have no AT&T e-mail period, This is happening on my Yahoo mail. I tried going into settings, and found nothing to change. Wierd.

#5 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

Figured it out, decided to try everything in settings, went to accounts, opened, gave me all my e-mails, opened my Yahoo account and lo and behold for receiving it had that AT&T address listed. Have no idea how it got there but all is well. Thanks for your help.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Does it happen ONLY when someone replies to a mail you sent?

#7 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

Does it happen ONLY when someone replies to a mail you sent?

Thank you for your reply but yes that was the problem, it is now working, had to go to settings, accounts with all my addresses, opened the Yahoo account and it was listed as the AT&T account for answering replies.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:07 PM

That would have been my next suggestion for you to try if it involves only replies.

I'm glad you got it figured out and resolved.

#9 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

Basically att.net uses yahoo mail as their email client.  I have an att.net account when I search for my emails for att&t they are in yahoo mail. Using my user id and password for att.net yahoo mail opens.

Do not know if it is supposed to or not but on this PC that is what happens.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#10 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

Basically att.net uses yahoo mail as their email client.  I have an att.net account when I search for my emails for att&t they are in yahoo mail. Using my user id and password for att.net yahoo mail opens.
Do not know if it is supposed to or not but on this PC that is what happens.

Dannyboy, I had that address 20 years ago, before Yahoo even was started(Ithink), how it ever ended up on my account still stumps me.

#11 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

20 years ago Yahoo I used as my default browser and email client. So yea it did exist back then.  I was even using at&t dial up back then also. {MaBell}.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users