Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login screen issue and can't boot into safemode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Legend Of Tony

The Legend Of Tony

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

Problem is that when I go to my log in screen it says "other user" with a login with a local domain or a Microsoft account (even if you log in its just a black blank screen with only your mouse viewable) . I'm the only user on this computer why is it doing this? also I can't get into safe mode (I've pressed F keys (F1-F12) and the only keys that work are F2 which takes me to my ASUS UEFI BIOS , but i still can't figure out a way to get into safemode.

No pirated applications on this computer at all, last thing that was downloaded was Heroes of the Storm by Blizzard

I am running on a:

Motherboard: Sabertooth 990 fx r2.0

BIOS Version: 2301

CPU type: AMD FX 8320 Eight core processor

Total Memory: 8176 MB (DDR3 1333 MHz)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Legend Of Tony

The Legend Of Tony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

Problem is that when I go to my log in screen it says "other user" with a login with a local domain or a Microsoft account (even if you log in its just a black blank screen with only your mouse viewable) . I'm the only user on this computer why is it doing this? also I can't get into safe mode (I've pressed F keys (F1-F12) and the only keys that work are F2 which takes me to my ASUS UEFI BIOS , but i still can't figure out a way to get into safemode.

No pirated applications on this computer at all, last thing that was downloaded was Heroes of the Storm by Blizzard

I am running on a:

Motherboard: Sabertooth 990 fx r2.0

BIOS Version: 2301

CPU type: AMD FX 8320 Eight core processor

Total Memory: 8176 MB (DDR3 1333 MHz)

Oh and Like I said I can't get passed my login screen so I'm using another computer to post this  

#3 Vlumondoxa

Vlumondoxa

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hello,

If you start the system and press shift, can you get in the troubleshoot mode and get in Safemode from there?

#4 The Legend Of Tony

The Legend Of Tony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

I tried that as well, I get a blank screen but I guess on the bright side I can see that my mouse cursor and be able to move it as well to know that it's not frozen. 

#5 Vlumondoxa

Vlumondoxa

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

I tried that as well, I get a blank screen but I guess on the bright side I can see that my mouse cursor and be able to move it as well to know that it's not frozen. 

If you turn it on, press reaptly shift, same issue?

Thinking of a video card what is dead.

#6 The Legend Of Tony

The Legend Of Tony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

yeah tried that just now and no that didn't work either 

#7 Vlumondoxa

Vlumondoxa

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:07 AM

Hi,

Where exactly stops it? At the Asus logo? Or can you login and try to open the task manager (CNTRL+SHIFT+DEL) and check if explorer.exe is running.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

Do you have the installation disc for your version of your operating system?

Your motherboard doesn't have integrated video, do you have another graphics card you can try?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users