Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networked printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcguru

kcguru

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

We have a Sharp MX-2600N networked printer at our office. We recently got new computers, upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. I am having some serious difficulties getting this printer to work on the computers now. The cd/software that came with isn't for Windows 7 so I went on the website to download the correct drivers. I have downloaded the Universal driver for 64 bit from the SharpUSA website and tried to reinstall with that. It finds the printer on the network, goes through the install just fine and it shows up in the printer folder but it will not print. The printer sounds like it it printing, like it spools but nothing comes out. I am out of patience and time with this thing. If anyone can walk me through this and get the dang thing to print, you can have my first born. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:45 AM

Have you tried changing the port in the printer settings to a standard tcp/Ip port instead if the port the sharp software installs. Try reinstalling the printer through the add/remove printers, select "local printer", select add new port, then standard Tcp/Ip, and the IP of the printer.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users