Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please...Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lonytee

lonytee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590965/utorrentieexe-removal-question - Hamluis.

Good evening, I'm trying to get rid of Utorrentie.exe and as OP hasn't responded with logs I thought I'd jump in for some help.

My story is longwinded and i'm not that PC savvy so please bear with me.....

I've had my laptop, a Sony Vaio VGN-N215 for maybe 5 years and I bought it second hand.

Running Vista SP2

P - Intel® Core™2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60GHz 1.60 GHz

Ram - 3 GB

ST - 32-bit

When I bought it it was running XP, the guy I got it off knew i wanted to use it mainly for music software and he said this would be the best as XP it quite 'light.'

It worked perfectly until about August this year, when after not being able to update certain software for a while i decided to upgrade to 7. A friend of a friend did me a really good deal and installed W7 Ultimate for me.

At this point I started having real issues, it was bearly useable if more that one window or program was open and all software had real delays in loaded and were glitchy to use.

I took it to a shop this time and was informed that I was runing an illegal copy of windows but there the bottom of the machine was a valid Vista HP cert so if I reinstalled Vista things should work fine again.

I did and it worked OK again after some driver updates and a bit of messing about but I stupidly did not validate Vista immediately and after a while it went to reduced functionality, atwhich point it became really slugg ish again. I validated my Windows then a few things improved but it's still really slow and the main program I use, Traktor 2 with a MIDI controller, even when only playing one track would get really glitchy.

I had to force the system to shut down earlier and noticed that Utorrentie.exe was running. Investigating what that waas has brought me here.

Here's the logs from the programs DC3 said to run.....

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 10/11/2015

Scan Time: 20:43:23

Logfile:

Administrator: Yes

Version: 0.0.0.0000

Malware Database: v2015.11.10.07

Rootkit Database: v2015.11.04.02

License: Trial

Malware Protection: Enabled

Malicious Website Protection: Enabled

Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x86

File System: NTFS

User: Tony

Scan Type: Threat Scan

Result: Completed

Objects Scanned: 278711

Time Elapsed: 1 hr, 38 min, 6 sec

Memory: Enabled

Startup: Enabled

Filesystem: Enabled

Archives: Enabled

Rootkits: Disabled

Heuristics: Enabled

PUP: Enabled

PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

# AdwCleaner v5.019 - Logfile created 11/11/2015 at 00:16:21

# Updated 08/11/2015 by Xplode

# Database : 2015-11-09.1 [Server]

# Operating system : Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (x86)

# Username : Tony - TONY-PC

# Running from : C:\Users\Tony\Desktop\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.019.exe

# Option : Cleaning

# Support : http://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\tencent

***** [ Files ] *****

[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\local storage\hxxp_www.metrolyrics.com_0.localstorage

[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\local storage\hxxp_www.metrolyrics.com_0.localstorage-journal

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Avg Secure Update

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys removed

:: Winsock settings cleared

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [1091 bytes] ##########

~~~ Tasks

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\DisplayName

Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\URL

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\Tony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Tony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\Tony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Tony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scan was completed on 11/11/2015 at 17:26:30.11

End of JRT log

I ran ESET too, no threats found.

Any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreceiated.

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by hamluis, 12 November 2015 - 12:30 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users