Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Fonts Major Fail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Ortega

Michael Ortega

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Trying to install new free fonts for my adobe and windows software from the web.

Right click and install only gets me an error messege that says font appears to not be a valid font. They all have a tff extension...and I've tried different websights and fonts, but I get the same error message....Can anyone help me on this?

Edited by Michael Ortega, 12 November 2015 - 12:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viro

Viro

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Have you extracted the font first from a zipped environment?

Are you the system administrator?

These were suggestions from: here

Another solution was to find a font converter and convert it to a tff extension. Even though its already a tff extension I guess in that case it was a malfunction of some sort. I know excel can do that with csv's that were improperly converted from .txt files. Hope this helps.

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

Heres a thead that addresses some font issues,ie the need to be logged in as admin,even the strange senario of uploading to a font converter and

changing the extension to tff (even though it alreadty is) can work.

http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/19727/problem-solved-the-file-does-not-appear-to-be-a-valid-font

Also try:

Open Control Panel and open the Fonts Folder.

Now, click on File and select "Install New Font".

Point the request to the folder you downloaded the font to. (Follow the prompts).

Personaly i think i would run the sfc/scannow function also  just to make sure the system didnt have a glitch somewhere

#4 Michael Ortega

Michael Ortega
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

Now this is odd...I checked and I am logged in as "Administrator" yet I do get constant reminders (error messages) that I don't have admin privaleges. Also My font folder does not have anything under the file menu...or anywhere else...that says "install fonts"...

#5 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

God ages since i installed a font or had a problem with it,try this:

Step One: Open up the .zip folder.
Step Two: Place the .ttf on your desktop or some other folder.
Step Three: Right click and hit "Install", it'll automatically route to the Font folder.

If you have the font folder open, hit the "Back" button, and then go forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users