Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP EliteDesk 800 g1 - 5 beeps - no LED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcapazzi

kcapazzi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

So I'm working on a friend's computer (HP EliteDesk 800 g1) and right outta the gates I realized his power supply fan wasn't working - ordered him a replacement and got it in correctly.   Before I even opened the computer up to work on the power supply however, I noticed that on startup, the computer would beep 5 times, (all same length beep and same pause in between), the power indicator doesnt blink to accompany the beeps however, just the beeps.  The monitor remains blank, keyboard isnt cutting on, mouse isnt lighting up.  Could a component have gone bad while he was running it without a power supply fan?   I've searched high and low for beep codes and I've tried all the obvious fixes with the exception of replacing the video card (its currently integrated), or the HDD.  Any advice would be much appreciated, as the only results I can find are beeps accompanied by LED flashes, to which I have none.  Even so, the LED flashes / beeps (5) say it should be either a power supply issues (fixed) or a memory issue (tried using 2 sticks from another computer of the same kind and nothing).  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:32 AM

Can you enter the bios upon turning it on?
Also look at this webpage on how to look for bulging capacitors:http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1102467-bad-capacitors-how-to-spot-them/

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users