Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BreadTM

BreadTM

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

For the past few weeks I have been having problems installing updates. It started with KB3105210 and now it's KB3105213 (which I assume is an updated KB3105210?). Also, the new Windows 10 November Update also fails to install with error code 0xc1900107.
Windows Update will download KB3105210 fine and tell me to restart my computer, but after a restart it always tell me that the update failed to install (no error code given.) I have tried running the update manually by downloading it from the Windows Update Catalog, but that fails too.
From Googling I have tried a few things that have not worked. Windows Update troubleshooter, restarting the Windows Update service components, and running SFC and DISM. When trying to run RestoreHealth for DISM it says the sources cannot be found. I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

So what logs do I need to get you to start fixing this?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Have you tried a Reset recovery?    This might cure the issue.  You can choose to keep your files or do a complete fresh install of Win10.  With the former your user data is kept, but any apps/applications you installed will be removed.

Given that SFC and DISM do not work because sources cannot be found I suspect that either a Reset install or a completely from scratch install is going to be required.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 BreadTM

BreadTM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:12 PM

I did actually try that (a refresh/reset), it also encountered an error and failed. Should have mentioned that originally.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Then, were I you, I'd take a look at the Microsoft website pages regarding installing using the Media Creation Tool.  You can create either a DVD or USB drive external installation media and use it to do a full, fresh install of Windows 10.

Based on what you've offered so far that is the only recommendation I'd make.  Something's very awry on your machine and starting from scratch makes the most sense and is the safest option.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

One other DISM command you may want to try if not having done so already is 

dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

If that fails then as britechguy posted, backup your data and do a clean install.

#6 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

I went thru this a few weeks ago.  Members here had me try a number of tools and scripts that would not work for me either.

One of them suggested I go to a [sister] site Sysnative where some of them are apparently members there also.

Sysnative fineally had me run a tool called Tweak a very powerful tool that should only be run under supervision.

This did finally cure my problem.  I say it is powerfull because the helper had me uncheck all but 2 of its scan fix options.

It did cure my problem.  I had lots of data corruption.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#7 AnneGray904tk

AnneGray904tk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

RUN this command "GPupdate /force"
Open Command prompt with admin rights
wait until it finish then reboot your machine try to update again your System