Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting a gaming laptop.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hikerboy

hikerboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

So i need to get a new gaming laptop. The one i currently have runs older games just fine but much to my dismay i found that it's just not strong enough for Fallout 4. Normally i'd want to build a good desktop but i'm joining the Marine Corps so i need a laptop for portability. I also want to keep the price down to around a thousand dollars or so. i'm currently looking at a ASUS ROG GL551. Is this a good deal or can i do better keeping around the thousand dollar price range? Any advice or opinions would be welcome.  http://www.pcrichard...CFdc9gQod4xEB4g 

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

I recently purchased this Acer for my son; it is really fast and runs anything he wants. This is a 17" screen so it is a large laptop, not too efficient for daily transportation around town, if you understand what I mean, but I am assuming that you will not be taking this to the office every day. This is the 2nd of these that we got, the first, older model got stolen but we never had any problems with it at all. Just remember, these come with tons of trialware, adware, and garbageware installed that you really have to get off of it. You also may want to get rid of Acer's "helpful" utilities that "help" you with Windows regular configuration screens. For one example, there will be a "helpful" Acer internet connector "tool" that will make if "easier" to connect to a network. Get rid of it. There are several of these "helpful" overlay programs that load on boot, and they don't do anything that you can't do by using the proper Windows utility directly. Once you get rid of all this garbage, it really flies. And if you care, it is really a beautiful machine, too. These were going for around $1100 but Newegg dropped the price for some reason.

[EDIT]: As an afterthought, read Newegg's users' reviews, it will give you a good idea of the machine, pros and cons.

Edited by ranchhand_, 13 November 2015 - 05:07 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users