Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BBayzeinoxx

BBayzeinoxx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Hi, I used IObit uninstall to uninstall a program in my Downloads folder. But it deleted all my files in the download folder. so I tried system restore but my folder could not be recovered. :( I guess I should not have the program in the downloads folder but is there anyway to recover back my files :(
Help me please cause there are so important files for me..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

Have you tried using a recovery program? Such as Recova? http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Maybe you can recover them that way. :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

MiniTools Power Data Recovery, the free version, can help you recover up to 1GB of data files, and folders too [since they after all are simply files].  That along with Piriform's Recova, should help.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 BBayzeinoxx

BBayzeinoxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

Thanks I've tried MiniTools Power Data Recovery and Recuva And none of them work..:(

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

If you have not overwritten that section, recovery is possible; however, it will not be quick, it will not be easy.  If the NTFS version of File Allocation Tables and/or the DIRectory has been zero'd out -- you are in for a piece by piece data recovery.

5/16 addendum:  I'm curious, what did Recova and what did MiniTool Power Data Recovery display on the screen when you aimed them at C-partition, at downloads directory?  The listing of recoverable folders and files can be geekish.

Edited by RolandJS, 16 November 2015 - 06:16 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#6 BBayzeinoxx

BBayzeinoxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

Hello

The tool which I've used called "File Shredder" IObit Uninstaller , and I think that files were deleted permanently, cause it delete the file path.

When I've used Recova and MiniTool Power Data Recovery they only display the files that were removed by normal way,The list was too long and the restores files were unfamiliar to me .

I want to ask how can I save my important data offline to prevent such a thing in the future ?

Thanks so much for your help and care .

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

Bi-monthly data partition and/or folder/file backups by something like Macrium Reflect free onto at least if not two external HDs will do nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users