Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security for Work Email Accounts on Personal Phones?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dlee25

dlee25

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hello,

Is there a service provider that allows administrators to manage what iOS and Android mobile phone applications can be blocked from syncing with the user's Microsoft Exchange email accounts for work? I would like all users to only be able to sync their work email accounts with one app that will make them enter a password or pin every time they want to access their work email accounts for security purposes.

Edited by dlee25, 12 November 2015 - 02:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

Hello,

Is there a service provider that allows administrators to manage what iOS and Android mobile phone applications can be blocked from syncing with the user's Microsoft Exchange email accounts for work? I would like all users to only be able to sync their work email accounts with one app that will make them enter a password or pin every time they want to access their work email accounts for security purposes.

Satya Nadella wants to know what took you so long? (Joke, sorry)

Microsoft has been pinning their hopes on this very scenario. The only solution I know is really a compromise to something IT found acceptable: They created an app specific to this single purpose for their employees on the level where BYOD is not an option (departmental heads and higher are issued Windows Mobile devices). Like I said it's kind of a solution in that it allows IT some form of control that's acceptable rather than moving the company to Windows Mobile across the board which gives you the amount of control and level of security IT wants.

Sorry if that's not the simple solution you were hoping for. As long as Microsoft still has real hope of getting traction in the mobile OS marketplace you're unlikely to see it from them

Edited by ChuckPasadena, 26 November 2015 - 07:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users