Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 95 Adding New Hardware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Suparoo

Suparoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:52 AM

All,

I have an old Siemens unit running '95 and I need to install an external CD-ROM to enable larger file transfer.

This machine has a floppy drive and a parallel port. Thats it, other than the Siemens specific stuff.

I have an old parallel Amacom CD-ROM with manufacturer driver disk (containing just .inf & .mpd files) but Im unsure how to install it.

When using the 'Add New Hardware' wizard, the manufacturer is not listed and subsequently throws an error message of "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

Does this indicate the unit is not supported by the OS or are there a few strings than can be pulled?

TIA,

Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users