Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why is youtubes video player suddenly giant?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wizzlmang

Wizzlmang

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

This suddenly happened last night, the video player on youtube is now almost twice as big, it looks awful on my small laptop screen and eats up a lot of cpu when playing. I can't change it back, and can't find anyone with a similar issue. I've tried deleting cookies, making sure i'm not zoomed in on the page, running firefox in safe mode, nothing.
I've contacted both firefox and youtube support, but haven't gotten any answers. Attatching pics of what it looked like before and what it's doing now

y0m02Et.png

9YFK6D0.png

Not sure if it's just a weird coincidence or what, but it also happened right after avast updated? not sure how that would factor in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

OK do you see the rectangle next to the full screen button on the bottom right try pressing that it might work

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#3 Wizzlmang

Wizzlmang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

That was the first thing I tried

#4 davetotheb

davetotheb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

have you just dragged the window a bit bigger? youtube's interface will resize depending on how big your browser is - maybe it's this?

also, i have a chrome plugin called "ImproveTube" which lets you do things like control the size of the player - it has a "large" mode which makes it look similar to what you're reporting. maybe someone's installed this on your computer?

#5 Wizzlmang

Wizzlmang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

My browser's always full screened, never done this before
I THINK this happened because after avast updated, the web security button shrank and now my toolbar is like three pixels smaller, not sure if that was enough to cause this though

#6 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

My browser's always full screened, never done this before
I THINK this happened because after avast updated, the web security button shrank and now my toolbar is like three pixels smaller, not sure if that was enough to cause this though

If you're still insure what caused your display issue It looks like mine did after I unknowingly activated the Snap Assist feature on Win10 from Desktop mode with one open window.

Not an answer but a clue

Edited by ChuckPasadena, 26 November 2015 - 06:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users