Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect my phone to the pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Black_Hawk_94

Black_Hawk_94

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

When I connect my Galaxy S Duos 2 (and other smartphones) to the pc it show me a message "USB Device Not Recognized". I tryed to use USBDeview, update my phone, restart the phone and computer, to allow USB debugging, but nothing. What can I do??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

1) Try a different cable.

2) Try a different computer.

#3 Viro

Viro

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

Try taking a paper clip and cleaning out the connector on the phone. Generally there is a large ball of lint in the charging hole that can ruin an otherwise perfectly fine device. I've done this with galaxy phones, Iphones, mp3s and tablets with a fairly great success rate across the board. Also works on audio jacks.

#4 AlicePhoebe

AlicePhoebe

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:31 PM

1 A simple restart of the Windows computer can sometimes solve this problem.  Shut down your computer, wait for a few minutes and then start your computer again.
2 Run devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager. Under Action tab, select Scan for hardware changes and see if it helps.
3 Check if you need to update your drivers. Open Control Panel > Printers and devices. Check if you can see any entry for Unidentified USB device or Unknown Device. Open its Properties and update its driver, if an update is found to be available.
4 From the Device Manager, under USB Root Hub Properties, uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 
5 Run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter or the Windows USB Troubleshooter and check if it helps. The automated tools check the hardware or USB connected to the computer for any known issues and fix them automatically.
6 If its your USB 3.0 device that are not being recognized, see this post on USB 3.0 External Hard Drive not recognized in Windows 8.1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users