Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nice-doggy.xyz/run/updater.exe - using Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thiil

Thiil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hello all.

I am EXTREMELY new here, so please let me know if i do something wrong or miss any important info (I tried reading through) 

I get the message every 10-30 minutes, that Norton blocked a Malicious Site attack from nice-doggy.xyz/run/Updater.exe.

After reading a lot around the internet, i tried various things : 

• Uninstalling unknown programs
  • Running norton scan
  • Running MalwareBytes antimalware
  • Running CCLeaner
  • Deleting suspicious folders (Such as Opera Browser folders, which i never installed) 
  • Deactivating any and all extensions in Chrome
  • Resetting chrome to standard settings
  • Tried searching registry for the parts, but no luck

Norton now says everything is good, but still continues to block this incoming attack every 10-30 minutes, so obviously, everything isn't fine at all. 

I need help in removing the (hopefully last) remnants that keeps this bugger alive, please advise :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

Welcome to BC !

Look to see if globalupdate Helper is installed on your computer. If so, UNinstall.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click  Accept & Extract. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\). .

• After extraction an Emsisoft Emergency Kit window will open. Under "Run Directly:" click Emergency Kit Scanner.
  • When asked to run an online update, click Yes.
  • When the update is finished, click the Back to Security Status link in the left corner. On the main screen click the Scan Now button.
  • Select the Full Scan option and click the SCAN button.
  • When the scan is finished click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
  • Click the View Report button and in the Reports window double-click on the most recent log. Note, logs are named as follows: a2scan_<date>-<time>.txt.
  • Copy/paste the report contents in your next reply.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users