Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snappyapple632

snappyapple632

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

Hi. Recently I have been trying to solve an issue with my computer. It is not booting up. I assumed after several tests that my PSU was dead. So, I replaced it with a fresh PSU. It then booted up normally. Then, I closed a magnetic door on the front of the chassis on my computer. As soon as the magnets snapped together, the entire computer stopped cold (someone explain how that happens!). The next morning, I observed the motherboard was receiving power. I tried restarting the PSU, then pressing the power button. The PSU gives me a click, the motherboard does nothing. Repeating these steps only produces the same result. I'm assuming a fuse is broken. Can anyone explain what happened? Thanks.

Edited by snappyapple632, 11 November 2015 - 10:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

That appears to be the chassis intrusion sensor going off. When you look inside the computer, do you see a lone connector with 2 pins? If so it might be labeled with cii.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 snappyapple632

snappyapple632
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

I found two pins labeled "CLR_CMOS" but no "CII". My motherboard is specifically a Gigabyte Z87-D3HP.
EDIT: I removed my graphics card and put it back in, and it started up again. I guess I placed it improperly after trying to put another graphics card in, discovering it was too long to fit in my PC (Sorry for not mentioning that earlier). Anyway, thank you for your effort to get my PC back up and running.

Edited by snappyapple632, 11 November 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

Happy computing

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler