Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Styling Xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 X2BreakOfFate

X2BreakOfFate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:24 AM

Hi, I have an machine running Windows XP, recently switched back from windows vista and I have a few questions. I would like to ask if there is any freeware program that someone could send to me, that can do the following things.

1) install (as in automatically realocate all of the previous icons and replace them with new) large or convertable scale icons, that are clear and very suitible to concider as good or better than the ones that are in Vista.

2) I would like a style program that can alow me to have the Windows Vista beta 2 theme, along with the glass on xp. I am aware that Windows Blinds 5 does this, very well actually but I would prefer a free program that can do this. Not to be confused with programs that do nothing but transparency for the majority of the screen but exactly like the vista theme for Windows Blinds 5 (With glass effects)

3) I like the idea of having the search bar enbedded into my startmenu but I am aware that along with the glass effects in xp, its almost impossible. But if anyone has come accross a program that can do this, tell me please.

4) And last but not least, this may sound crazy but after using windows vista and media center 2005 I was attached to Media Center. Also knowing that this may be impossible, is there any sort of crack that alows media center to be ran on Windows XP Home Edition, if so that would be greatly apreciated.

5) Live preview, where you can have thumbnail previews of items on your taskbar. I thought that was pretty cool and I use topdesk for my 3d but if anyone has come across a free program that does those things. Tell me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:05 PM

Well, I haven't messed with Vista at all, but I ran across this that you might be interested in: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...tion-Pack.shtml

Note that I hear it's not all that stable and I haven't tested it, so use at your own risk.

Also knowing that this may be impossible, is there any sort of crack that alows media center to be ran on Windows XP Home Edition, if so that would be greatly apreciated.

If you look at the Forum Rules you'll see that anything illegal is not allowed on this forum, so don't even ask about it. Cracks will cost you in the long run. If what you are wanting is so great, it may also be offered as a program that can be run on XP, but if not you'll just have to wait til you can get it legally. You'll pay for it one way or the other.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users