Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking Web Pages Anon?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrjim87xrd

mrjim87xrd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:40 AM

is it possible to block web pages on my computer without people trying to access them knowing they are blocked? ie could i make the selected web page go to an error screen nstead of just having it say this page has been blocked?? i dont want my kids to go to certain pages, but i dont want them to think im babying them what can i do??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:15 AM

Passive parenting----bad decision. Kids need supervision at ALL times. Explain your reasons for monitoring their computer use to them. They will respect you for it.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:01 AM

I agree.
Posted Image

#4 mrjim87xrd

mrjim87xrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

anyone with anyhing helpful to say besides critisizing me?

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:46 AM

Sorry if you were offended. We are a family oriented site and as such take kid safety serious. I do not know of any software that will do what you described. I use iProtectYou on my kid's computers. If they want to visit a site they give me the url and I will review it, them set the permissions. It is freeware.
Again, please do not be offended. We are just offering advice based on the experince of all our members and what we have found to work.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users