Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Source code protection--- help please!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amanda389

Amanda389

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

Hi everyone.

My friend and I have a tech start up and are on the verge of hiring our first employee. The employee will have extensive coding experience and will be the one ultimately to code and program the entire website.

As neither one of us has IT background and the candidate will know this too, is there a way we can protect this code? (For example, something out there that we can make the code reliant on so without the something else, she can't operate the code) Or a way we can prevent any modification or transfer of code without our authority Please assist us! Any advice or suggestion is helpful and will be greatly appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

Check with a Trademark authority.  Along with getting a Trademark, it's a matter of day by day trusting one another.  Take time to learn bits and pieces of what the coder is doing, appreciate, and stay interested.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:42 AM

Talk to a lawyer. 

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

#4 palerider2

palerider2

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

I would share your concern about entering a situation like that.

If I couldn't learn to understand the code I would probably want to hire a company to produce it for me, buy something off-the-shelf or maybe try to get a friend to do it for me.

Edited by palerider2, 11 November 2015 - 04:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users