Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IE 11 keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sabeldo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

I'm a newbie to this site, and I could use some help.

I have a relatively new box which I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 

I have a high speed cable connection (30 mb) and the problem I have is IE 11 is very slow to bring up web sites, 

or I get "this page cannot be shown" frequently. Sometimes refreshing the page will bring it back, some times not.

This can happen when only one tab is open.

The only thing odd that I've noticed is when I shut the system down, and reboot, (which sometimes improves speed for a while)

I see two or three random web sites flash on the monitor before it shuts down.

Where do I start?

Thanks Much,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,023 posts
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

Do you have a valid license to install/use Win 7 Ultimate?

Was a previous version of Windows installed on the system?

#3 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,165 posts
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

Try Running IE 11 without add-ons.

Launching Internet Explorer Without Add-ons
  • Click Start
  • Type iexplore.exe -extoff in the Search programs and files box, then press Enter
  • Check the browser behavior

• Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 sabeldo

• Topic Starter

• Members
    • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:48 AM

Running IE without add-ons didn't help.
    I have a licensed version of Win 7.
    The machine had XP on it before.

#5 Viro

• Members
    • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

You said you recently installed Win 7, what raises a red flag is the final part that you mentioned. "I see two or three random web sites flash on the monitor before it shuts down." Could you identify any of these pages for me? It can help narrow down the search a lot.

Its possible you've already infected the computer, fresh installs don't have a real defense so while it may seem strange or unlikely I would rule out infection by running a few scans there are plenty of free ones out there that should be adequate.

Also make sure you are not being redirected through a proxy setting. You can find this by clicking the gear in the upper right then navigating to Internet Options > Connection > Lan Settings.

This should be set to automatically detect without any other  boxes checked. Alternatively you can go through the control panel > Internet Options > Connection > Lan Settings.

Have you tried alternate browsers at all? Do they have this same issue or do they perform as expected? I can't imagine a system today with super low RAM as cheap as RAM has become but how much of your resources are currently being used when you experience this issue. (ctrl+shift+esc watch number of process's and Physical Memory %)

Also are you trying to use IE11 64bit? (yes it exists/existed? try 32bit if you are see if problem continues.)

Try private browsing with IE 11 as well see if the problem continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users