Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Optiplex GX620 model DCTR won't stay on.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShipNinja

ShipNinja

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

purchased new external power supply.  when plugged in, the cpu flashes yellow, and the fan twitches, and then nothing.  Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

Cpu flashes yellow? Do you mean diagnostic light near the cpu? Can you run speccy from piriform? Tell us the temps.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 ShipNinja

ShipNinja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

Can't run anything.  The "aux led" just behind the memory and the power button led on the front are what flashes, rather blinks(just once).  CPU won't turn on at all.  If it helps, this pc hasn't been used in a few months.  I brought it to my work to connect to the web and update everything.  When I plugged it in, I had to reset the clock, and the next time I looked atthe monitor, Dell wouldn't turn on.  As it is an older setup, I just assumed it was the ac power adapter, so I bought a new one.  I get the same reaction.  The power adapter led is yellow until I connect to the cpu.  Then it turns green for about half a second and goes out.  At that same time is when the cpu blinks yellow and everything goes off. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users