Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cc Cleaner Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Veeman

Veeman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:03 AM

Hi All,

First timer her :thumbsup: e. Wanting to know if CC Cleaner will cover my track when surfing the web. My PC gets scanned often.

VB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:04 AM

Hi Veeman, Ccleaner has a good tutorial which explains what it will clean and it can be set to secure delete with 3 or 7 passes. It will remove your surfing tracks and much more. Can you explain further what you mean by "scanned"?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Veeman

Veeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hi Buddy 215,

What do you mean by 3 or 7 passes ?

I think that they do audits or screens on the hard disk of each machine.

Thanks for the help.

regards
Veeman

#4 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

Do you mean like you go to a certain website and don't want anyone to know that you ever went there? Like through the address bar because it remembers recently typed addresses. Then yes it does.
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

The more passes the harder it will be to recover info from the harddrive. Of course, if you have never run a cleaner there may be a large volume to delete and it can take several minutes the first time. Keep in mind, if you have deleted info before without overwriting it several times Ccleaner want help. More than likely if you have been using this computer for more than a few days there is already deleted info from logs, temporary files. etc. already on your harddrive. I hope I am not helping you do something criminal.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:04 PM

Be very careful when using CCleaner, or you could end up deleting files needed by some applications on your computer. There are simplier ways that involve configuring the defaults of your browser that will be almost as effective, and not have any dire consequences.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users