Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shuts down alone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ahmed1213

Ahmed1213

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

My laptop is shutting down alone since 2 days also, i making in adjust brightness that it never sleeps or shuts down in plugged in or on battery .I am windows 8 my laptop is Lenovo, thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 09 November 2015 - 12:39 PM.
Moved from AII to Win 8 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

I would be inclined to a Windows restore to a date before this problem started, you should have a suitable restore point since this only started a few days ago.

Click 'Win key + X - Control panel - Recovery - Open System Restore'. This will take you to a screen listing the most recent restore point(s). If there isn't one listed from before the date this problem started then click the button 'More restore points'. Then start the restore process. Accept the warnings about this being irreversible and let it do it, it may take 10 minutes or so - do NOT interrupt the process. When it is finished you will get a message either 'Successful' or 'Failed - no changes were made'

If it worked, try Win Explorer again. You may need to re-install any updates between the date of your restore point and now. I suggest doing them one at a time and testing Win Explorer after each one since it is possible an update caused this problem.

If the restore didn't work, then uninstall any recent updates one at a time and test again.

NOTE - A restore should not have any effect on your installed programs and data, but it is a good idea to back up your data before starting.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 November 2015 - 06:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users