Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Packet loss...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sycoguy

sycoguy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:34 PM

I'm having really bad packet loss can someone take a look at the ping plotter and tell me if there is anything i can do about it?Attached File  image-697.jpeg   134.97KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jormeno1982

Jormeno1982

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:56 AM

I'm having really bad packet loss can someone take a look at the ping plotter and tell me if there is anything i can do about it?attachicon.gifimage-697.jpeg

Have you spoken with your ISP to see if they are experiencing any outages? How long have you been experiencing this issue? Is that the only address you are getting packet loss for?

Don't settle for less, even a genius asks his questions. - 2pac

#3 sycoguy

sycoguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

I even get packet loss for common websites like Google.com, yahoo.com, and Facebook.com. I have not contacted the isp recently about it. I had a few months ago and the rep quoted the fine print "quality of service and speed of service can not be guaranteed." It usually only happens at night. Normally it's fine. From 3-7 a.m. is usually the worst and I don't understand why. I was just wondering if there was a way to manually reroute any requests to the server in question.

#4 Jormeno1982

Jormeno1982

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

I even get packet loss for common websites like Google.com, yahoo.com, and Facebook.com. I have not contacted the isp recently about it. I had a few months ago and the rep quoted the fine print "quality of service and speed of service can not be guaranteed." It usually only happens at night. Normally it's fine. From 3-7 a.m. is usually the worst and I don't understand why. I was just wondering if there was a way to manually reroute any requests to the server in question.

The only thing that I can think of to help you re route would be to use a proxy server, but I have a strong feeling This is an ISP related issue.

Don't settle for less, even a genius asks his questions. - 2pac

#5 sycoguy

sycoguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

Ok... thanks... proxy probably would not be suitable for my needs seeing as how I am a gamer and latency is important to me... Thank you for all the help...

#6 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,500 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

You need to contact Comcast. The packet loss is starting right at the 2nd hop which is on Comcast network. Could be due to bad lines, bad splitter, short ground fault caused by weather, bad modem, router. Try going to 192.168.100.1 and post a pic of the down/up channels and SNR. Try power cycling the router and modem. Try connecting directly to modem bypassing the router. What internet speed tier are you leasing? What model is the router? What model is the modem?

Edited by technonymous, 17 November 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#7 sycoguy

sycoguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

I talked to them and they told me that "there is no guarantee to speed or quality of service." but that they would look into it. I have since then updated to windows 10 and am having another issue entirely. I am going to post about it to see if anyone can help. I am getting random latency spikes. I did a ping plotter again and a friend recommended a program called wireshark. But i have no clue what i'm looking at...

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:01 PM

You can try posting at the Comcast Help Forum.

Someone there *might* be able to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users