Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diablo 3 Patch 2.4.0 Is Monstrous, Brings New Zone, New Legendaries, More Stash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dazzzler

Dazzzler

• Banned Spammer
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

Diablo fans who did not watch the announcements made at BlizzCon 2015 over the weekend will be pleased to know that Blizzard detailed some of the most important changes included in the next patch for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.
Before getting into details, it's worth mentioning that an exact release date for patch 2.4.0 is not yet available, but Blizzard confirmed that it will be pushed live on the PTR in the next couple of weeks following the end of BlizzCon 2015.

Patch 2.4.0 is quite huge and contains new features, new areas, new items, as well as revamped UI and more stash space. These are the most important addition to the game, but the patch adds many other smaller improvements and new features.

Source :
http://news.softpedia.com/news/diablo-3-patch-2-4-0-is-monstrous-brings-new-zone-new-legendaries-more-stash-space-495878.shtml

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DenizB1992

DenizB1992

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the update, sad I missed BlizzCon this year :(

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

Yep, game keeps gettin' better and better!

#4 DenizB1992

DenizB1992

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

I really hope one of these days Blizzard announces that they will bring back all the original characters (amazon, barb, pally, necro, sorc, druid, and assassin) to a new patch. I know that most of the new characters that are introduced in D3 are combinations of D2 characters but the individuality of these characters brings back that nostalgic feeling I believe many veteran Diablo players will appreciate. I want to spawn a load of skeletons to take down my enemies! And imagine seeing the graphics of holy shield and frozen orb and many of the other skills using D3's engine.

#5 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

They are not going to bring back the original characters. They already brought back the Barbarian, Monk is basically the Assassin, the Witch Doctor is basically the Necromancer. D3 already has frozen orb, it's a Wizard skill.

#6 DenizB1992

DenizB1992

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

I'm sorry do you work with/at Blizzard to make such statements? Most likely not so I'm just going to believe that one day they "might". The monk is more of the paladin and assassin mixed while demon hunter is based mostly off assassin with bits of amazon. The original animation for the skills would look cooler than they already do on d2 using d3's game engine. The wizard's frozen orb fails in comparison to the sorceress' skill. The witch doctor and necromancer even though they may appear to be similar (poison and curses) both are different. Necromancers use necromancy while witch doctors use voodoo. I want to summon skeletons not spawn three dogs and a oversized gargantuan to take down my foes.

#7 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

They only do one character per expansion so far, and they originally planned for two expansions. If they added classes from D2 it would conflict with the classes in D3. Having the necromancer side-by-side with the witch doctor would devalue both classes, as they would be different versions of the same thing. Same deal as with the sorcerer and the wizard, they are very similar so they will never meet, it's part of game design, making sure players can choose from a set of unique heroes, not a roster of versions.

If you want to summons skeletons, there are a number of items that will perform that function.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users