Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heard people talking, keyboard typing through my PC's speakers?? creeped out...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew77

Andrew77

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

You guys are probably going to think I'm whackadoo, but I was watching a video and suddenly I heard people talking and making weird noises and laughing on my PC speakers (headphones), I stopped the video and I said "WTF" and it echoed right back to me and I even heard my cooling tray fan buzzing just like when I am video chatting with someone. The minute I said "wtf" the people in the background started yelling and it stopped quickly. It freaked me out. Really freaked me out lol. I even put a piece of paper over my webcam. Am I bat s--t crazy or is it possible that someone was actually connected to my PC??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew77

Andrew77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

So nobody has heard of this happening, I assume. I have done a little research of my own, and it seems I am not alone, that this has happened to others. A friend of mine , whom I attend college with and who is studying computer science told me that perhaps the link to the video I clicked on, may have allowed the use of my microphone and/or webcam. He explained that a possible backdoor was built into the link, and that upon clicking on it, I unknowingly gave permission for the use of my webcam and microphone (possibly). So if this has happened to others on this forum, there is a perfectly logical explanation for it. Even if it is another method of bypassing your PC's firewall, you are not crazy!! It has happened to others. :) have a good one guys!

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,537 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Hi , this is a definite possibility. Let's get a deeper look.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

So what was the source of the video link? YouTube or some place else?

This cybercrime is really getting ridiculous. Such a shame.

That would freak me out too ! Lol

#5 Andrew77

Andrew77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

So what was the source of the video link? YouTube or some place else?

This cybercrime is really getting ridiculous. Such a shame.

That would freak me out too ! Lol

It was a link to a video on Facebook, of all things!

Hi , this is a definite possibility. Let's get a deeper look.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

Okay, will do!

#6 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

I wouldn't trust Facebook on any front but I understand that would seem benign. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users