Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0 Items indexed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 techiemoore

techiemoore

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others.

In an effort to help one another reach a solution to this apparently common problem, I thought it best to post the following:

I too am having a similar issue.

Installed Windows 10, now 0 items indexed at all times.

NOTE:

I have my user profile on a separate hard drive due to the small size of my SSD.

This required me to make modifications to the registry so that the profile truly resided on the secondary drive. ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/87555-user-profile-change-default-location.html )

I fixed the 0 indexed problem before, but now I cant remember how I did it or which or the numerous troubleshooting processes was the one to actually fix the problem.

NOTE:

The problem returned when i had to restore my data from an old backup - thus undoing any of my previous fixes. However, this means that my problem MUST be related to my specific user profile as it is the only thing that was changed. Again, my profile resides on a separate drive and it is this drive that needed to be recovered - nothing else. This should help us to track down the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

Have you tweaked your Indexing Options to include the drives/folders that you wish to have indexed?

Here's a screen capture of my Indexing Options:

[attachment=172649:Indexing_Options_Dialog.jpg]

And, when you click "Modify," the Indexed Locations:

[attachment=172650:Indexed_Locations.jpg]

I have the feeling that you need to tweak your Indexed Locations.  I hasten to add that although the top level of C:\ is not checked in the above screen capture, when you do the dropdown for the drive you will see "Users" checked:

[attachment=172656:Indexed_Location_Under_C.jpg]

On a related note, if what you're generally searching for is a specific filename rather than file contents I highly recommend the Search Everything engine from voidtools.com.  It's much, much faster than a Windows search and really does live up to its name.  I've been using it for years now and far prefer it to a Windows search unless I'm specifically trying to search on file contents.

Edited by britechguy, 08 November 2015 - 09:13 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users