Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video after installing new RAM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetsteph

Sweetsteph

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hey guys,

I have recently installed new RAM in my desktop but have since lost all video out signal. I made sure to get the right RAM and that said RAM was seated propely. I have also checked the BIOS to made sure the frequency was accurate. Here are the specs

- Motherboard is ASUS P5P43TD PRO

- CPU is IntelCore 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz

- Graphic card is GeForce 8400GS, 512 mb, DDR2

- Old RAM is Kingston 2X2GB, DDR3, 1.5V, 1333Ghz, 240 pins SDRAM

- New RAM is Corsair XMS3 2X4 GB, DDR3, 1.5V, 1333Ghz, 240 pins, SDRAM

I have tried a different combination of old/ new RAM  with no luck. It only works when the old RAM is in. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:31 AM

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!!

can you get into the BIOS? it is the delete key immediately and repeatedly upon power up. you will see an option there in BIOS called enable quick boot, disable it. most users of that series of motherboard keep it enabled because the boot process will take a long time otherwise....I keep my P5N-D motherboard quick boot disabled because when it is enabled i can't get into safe mode.

sometimes the quick boot option has to be configured while the OS is up, using msconfig, but that isn't the case here.

while the motherboard screen is up, you can press the tab key to see why it takes so long, the ram is being initialized, quite slowly.....then press f8 repeatedly while the ram is getting initialized, that is the boot options, choose your boot disk and then tap the f8 again, then you will see boot options, choose safe mode and then you will be in a low resolution display where you can check the device manager for conflicts and have your OS functional in a basic condition...   after that you can power down and see if the regular boot up will get you the display.

we can try a few other techniques if this procedure doesn't achieve the desired result

this is the link to your mobo for future reference..

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5P43TD_PRO/HelpDesk/

Edited by synergy513, 09 November 2015 - 04:16 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 Hercules2905

Hercules2905

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:18 AM

Which OS is it? 32-bit or 64-bit.

32-bit cannot detect more than 4GB of RAM.

Also check the new RAM in a different system. It might have been damaged or DOA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users