Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help antivirus programs wont open!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stoshe2009

stoshe2009

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

Hi, my name is Jason and i am new here. I found these forums through another website and came here to seek help with my computer running windows vista. It will not allow me to successfully install or open antivirus programs. It also will not allow mne to successfully save and use antivirus tools such as rkill.exe. I am not overly computer literate but this is getting crazy! and i gotta do something!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 November 2015 - 02:42 AM.
Moved to AII from Vista. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:59 AM

Hello and welcome to BC,

can you try to download rKill from this address: iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

Did you try in safe mode?

Which antivirus did you try to run?

When did you notice the problem?

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 stoshe2009

stoshe2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

I got worried about the computer because when i attempt to log in to ebay or amazon it takes me to a page which looks like an ebay or amazon page and tells me that theres been a problem with my account and i must enter all my credit card information and social security number, etc. I already knew ebay and amazon would not ask for somethinbg like this but i can not access them at all now in any web browser on my computer, so i went and bought $69 antivirus cd from kaspersky whih will not do anything, including fully install in my computer, so then my friend told me to go to majorgeeks.com and download an antivirus there, which i did but it also will not fully download or work.

I tried accessing them and downloading them in safe mode but that does not work either.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:42 AM

stoshe, I recommend you don't run rkill yet.  Let the expert BC malware team guide you through their successful series of steps of cleaning your computer.  Using some programs such as rkill or ComboFix without BC-MT guidance might bring a little more grief than joy.

Edited by RolandJS, 08 November 2015 - 11:23 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 stoshe2009

stoshe2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

How can i get help from them?

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

You're in their home court.  Await patiently for them, they are volunteers  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#7 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

You can get an expert opinion by asking for help in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. You will need to follow instructions in the Preparation Guide. Start with Step 6 and post FRST log in new topic. 

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

They can use tool which are not allowed here. 

Let me know if you need any help with that. 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users