Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Great SITE for helping, but you guys seriously need an editor on here

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasinaPaine

ThomasinaPaine

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

Hello there, all.  Great site. DO have some feedback, tho.

Hi Zan, didn't know you were a moderator on here. Congrats on you new   job...  well sorta new job now.  >)   I was so surprised to see your face that I forgot to check out your handle, so I don't know what to call you on here except the name I know you by.

My introductory offer:

After spending 10 min. writing an answer to a forum poster's problem about how to remove the PCKEEPER malware/adware so it never comes back, I was prohibited from posting my answer. And after reading the answer that he got, I had to moan. He is going to go to a LOT of extra trouble that is not necessary. But...I tried.

As far as the "icon" you're supposed to click on in the forum to post a question,,,nowhere to be seen.

Where exactly IS that "post" icon in the general forum area? Why isn't is simply a clearly defined button?  Like an ORANGE one or something?  I looked all over the posts on the forum and couldn't find the icon. Is there a magical combo of keys  that makes it suddenly appear or do you have to sacrifice a goat on your keyboard to find it? 

THIS is the only place I could post, SOOO,  I'm guessing that you can only post an intro the first time then? Why not simply say so IF that is the case?

As to your instructions....WAY too wordy and make my eyes glaze over.  A SERIOUS edit is needed. A serious one. Seriously.

All that being said, this is one of the best computer help site online that I've found.

But I figured out something sneaky going on  re: PCKEEPER and how to fix it and tried to share it with your readers and .....couldn't.  Now that is sad. 

Ah well, I tried.

ThomasinaP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:09 PM

Post it in General Security forum. If you try to post in areas prohibited you will be blocked...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

My guess is that you posted in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs. That place is off-limits to people that are not members of the Malware Response Team or the thread starter.

If you want to post a suggestion, I recommend that you post in the BleepingComputer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions area.

Edited by Alexstrasza, 07 November 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hi and welcome.

After spending 10 min. writing an answer to a forum poster's problem about how to remove the PCKEEPER malware/adware so it never comes back, I was prohibited from posting my answer.

What Alex said.

or do you have to sacrifice a goat on your keyboard to find it?

That might work.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Were you trying to reply in a topic in Malware Removal Logs forum?

If so, you cannot reply to topics in that forum.

That forum is highly restricted-replies can only be made by the person who started the topic, members of the Malware Removal Team, designated Study Hall Juniors and Seniors and BC staff moderators and above.

We have special rules in place with regards to malware removal to ensure that members only receive help in this complex and critical area of support from those we know are well informed and trained.

It the policy is plainly stated in 2 places:

At the top of the Malware Removal Logs Forum is this

Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs

This is on the main forum index page under Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs (bold mine)

One of the last bastions of computer security warriors and healers. Bring your troubled PC here for top-of-the-line help with Malware Analysis and Removal by our trained professionals. This forum is only for those seeking aide with Malware removal. For security purposes, only authorized personnel may respond to requests for assistance.

Before the system was changed there were good intentioned members who wanted to help and did post to log topics even though they should not have. Anytime this happened, the replies were removed from the topic.

The policy also prevents "Me to, I have the same problem" posts in MRL topics.

No, you do not have to make an introductory post in order to be able post in other forums. We get new members everyday who post about an issue or offer a suggestion who do not introduce themselves in Introductions.

The blue Start New Topic button is on the right side of every board page. It's between the navigation menu and the bar just above the topic list with Recently Updated, Start Date, etc.

You said

As to your instructions....WAY too wordy and make my eyes glaze over.

What instructions are you referring to? If it is the prep guide, it's wordy by design to give people step-by-directions on what to do when posting in that forum. Many of those who post in MRL are novice users and need the direction.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 November 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

If it's not the Malware forum posting directions you have issues with. Is it possible it's the instructions? If so those instructions were written to accommodate forum novices. Which is covered within the[url=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/about/]About Bleeping Computer page. Hence the lengthy and detailed explanations.

Bleeping Computer® is a technical support site and a self-education tool for the novice user to learn basic concepts about Computer Technology. Our focus is to allow the novice computer user to be able to have a place that they can come and discuss computer/technology problems with their peers and at the same time have a rich resource in which to learn the "basics" about computers and technology.

We would be happy to help you if we have missed the forum, page, topic, or subject matter that you are having issues or difficulty with.

We thank you for your critique.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users