Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my system clean ?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

Those converted to links!  Interestingly, the Kaspersky URL Advisor gave them the green light.  

Edited by UppinRunnin, 11 November 2015 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

I don't have them running simultaneously.  The only one I use is Kaspersky.  The others are for one-time scans.  Their real-time protections are turned off.  I am not aware this is a problem and running scans from multiple vendors is supposed to catch things the other doesn't, from what I have understood anyway.  

I do the same thing; however, I am fully aware of the potential risks and problems that can happen with more than one anti-virus installed.  Be prepared to remove them for awhile until your thread is solved  :)

Edited by RolandJS, 11 November 2015 - 12:59 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#33 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Note, on Nov. 2, Kaspersky flashed messages from a website (ShesInTheGlow) that I arrived at while browsing Pinterest and clicking on a user's name in her pin to see their Pin boards.  

It said it blocked them.  This is what I see in the log, which says detected but cannot disinfect.

I ran Kaspersky Rescue Disk, along with Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Avast, ESET Online Scanner.  All clean. 

Is it possible it got on my system anyway?    

---------------------------------------------------------------

HEUR:  Trojan.Script.Iframer

Type:    Trojan program 

http: //itgcom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp-pro/assets/js/ajax-forms.min.js?ver=2.5.5

http ://itgcom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-includes/js/query/jquery.form.min.js?ver=3.37.0

http ://itgcom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/plugins/gravity-forms-auto-placeholders/modernizr.placeholder.min.js?ver=1.2

http ://itgcom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/plugins/gravity-forms-auto-placeholders/scripts.js.ver=1.2

Well if you scanned your system with the above mentioned tools, your system should be safe.

It is the DVD drive.  Yes, I scanned it, took it out and my system seems to be working okay.  The DVD has behaved flakey, imo, in the past, but I have never used them much and the software doesn't make sense to me.  It makes a bit of noise sometimes.

Just take out the DVD/CD inside the drive and then see the performance :)

This is happening most likely because something is constantly loading.

The DVD?  Or possibly malware related.

The DVD.

Those converted to links!  Interestingly, the Kaspersky URL Advisor gave them the green light.

I don't have them running simultaneously.  The only one I use is Kaspersky.  The others are for one-time scans.  Their real-time protections are turned off.  I am not aware this is a problem and running scans from multiple vendors is supposed to catch things the other doesn't, from what I have understood anyway.

I do the same thing; however, I am fully aware of the potential risks and problems that can happen with more than one anti-virus installed.  Be prepared to remove them for awhile until your thread is solved  :)

I will strongly advise against using multiple antivirus solutions on a system.

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#34 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

I will strongly advise against using multiple antivirus solutions on a system.
-Pranav

I would certainly not advise any nonGeek to have more than one anti-virus program installed.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#35 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

So where are we, blueelvis? JRT threw 2 error messages . Can not ping! Can not create restore point!!!

#36 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:07 PM

Different programs can detect different things. I feel safer knowing the consensus is clean. Even that is no guarantee, however, unfortunately.

Could you please be more specific why it is a danger to have other AV software files stored on the system if they are inactivated?

Now I have not been turning off Kaspersky when I run the others periodically. Maybe I could shut down and run them in Safe Mode? Could I store them on a separate disk to run periodically? If not, please advise the danger.

#37 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

UpinRunnin, don't uninstall/reinstall constantly  :)  No need to move programs off the hard-drive and back on again.

Quietman7 has a very good tutorial on this very topic -- wait til he adds into this thread.  Read at your leisure.

His tutorial will explain much better than I ever could about having more than one anti-virus.

#38 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

I ran JRT anyway.  Still unable to ping or create the restore point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.6.4 (09.28.2015:1)
Ran by Home on Thu 11/12/2015 at 14:30:27.16

~~~ Services

~~~ Tasks

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ FireFox

Emptied folder: C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\eli1h4e0.default\minidumps [1 files]

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\Home\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Home\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\Home\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Home\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
[]

Scan was completed on Thu 11/12/2015 at 14:34:09.22
End of JRT log

#39 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Windows has been updating.  First one took hours.  25,000 operations updated on reboot.  

#40 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

Let us know in case of any further problem :)

-Pranav

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#41 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

Did anything show up in any of the logs? Adware even?

Does it make sense JRT could not ping or create a restore point?

Edited by UppinRunnin, 13 November 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#42 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

Did anything show up in any of the logs? Adware even?

Does it make sense JRT could not ping or create a restore point?

I don't see any malware or even Adware in the logs.

Regarding the JRT, I have asked the developer about the problem. Will let you know what he says :)

-Pranav

#43 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

Just got an update from the developer. According to him, he is aware of these crashes and a new version is coming out soon to remedy these problems :)

-Pranav

#44 UppinRunnin

UppinRunnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

okay, thanks for your help.  Sounds like we are done.  

#45 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

okay, thanks for your help.  Sounds like we are done.  

You are welcome :)

-Pranav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users