Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe +14e2e0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sragod

sragod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

I've been trying to fix a myriad of BSODs ever since I've built this PC, and I'm at my wits end. I did a clean install of W10, then installed some updated drivers for my components. Using the Driver Verifier, I found a few drivers that were giving me problems (USB controller for Corsair H100i GTX, nVidia HD audio) and removed these drivers. I thought I was good to go, but I just now got this new MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. I've attached the files listed in the posting guide, and below are my system specs. If you have any advice, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I'll be running more rounds of memtest86+ while waiting for replies. Thank you.

OS - Windows 10 Pro
· x64
· Clean install from formatted disk
· Full install from retail ISO
· Built August 2015
· OS re-installed around November 1st

· Processor - Intel i7 4790K (stock settings for troubleshooting purposes)
· GPU - EVGA 980Ti Classified
· Motherboard - MSI z97 Gaming 5
· Power Supply - EVGA 850 GS

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:57 AM

Greetings sragod & welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

**************************Sat Nov  7 05:43:11.746 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\110615-3328-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 10240.16545.amd64fre.th1.150930-1750

System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:52.412

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+20f7b )

BugCheck 1A, {41284, e31e000, 0, fffff58010804000}
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000001A]MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)[/url]

Arguments: 
Arg1: 0000000000041284, A PTE or the working set list is corrupt.
Arg2: 000000000e31e000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff58010804000
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_41284

PROCESS_NAME:  Steam.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_

CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz"

MaxSpeed:     4000

CurrentSpeed: 4000

BIOS Version                  V1.12

BIOS Release Date             08/11/2015

Manufacturer                  MSI

Product Name                  MS-7917

Baseboard Product             Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

Your system does not have many 3rd party drivers as well so the BSODs are either because of a compatibility problem or there is a problem with the hardware.

I see the following devices with problems in the report -

H100iGTX Cooler
Standard PS/2 Keyboard
High Definition Audio Device

The drivers for the first device are missing. The second device's drivers are either malfunctioning or the keyboard is not good. The 3rd device has been disabled. Have you done this deliberately? If yes, may I know why?

Kindly follow the below steps -

1. Reset BIOS settings to STOCK settings just to make sure that everything is default.
  2. Kindly test your RAM with this guide - http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html
  3. In case the Driver Verifier is still turned on, kindly disable it by typing in the command in an Administrator Command Prompt -
    verifier /reset

I suspect that the problem lies with the RAM sticks since the MSINFO report contained multiple application crashes. While you are testing with Memtest, make sure that you test RAM for at least 8 passes which could also take an overnight.

In case the memtest passes without any errors, I would like you to run the system on a single stick of RAM and see if you are still experiencing the crashes or not. Once you have determined that the RAM stick is good, move on to the next one and use the next one for sometime. Make sure that when you replace the RAM, you touch the ground once to make sure that there are no static charges involved :)

It is also possible that when you are testing the system's RAM stick by stick, the system might refuse to boot up because the BIOS detects problems.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 sragod

sragod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Thank you for your advice.

With regards to the missing/disabled drivers, the verifier was blue screening due to the h100iGTX USB drivers from Silicon Labs, so I removed them as they are non-essential for its function. It was also blue screening from the nVidia High Definition Audio Driver, so I disabled that device as well. I was using a PS/2 keyboard during troubleshooting, but it is no longer plugged in.

Memtest had no errors after 10 passes, so I guess now I will run the system with a single stick at a time. To be quite honest, I was hoping that the memory would be the failed component, as its an easy fix.

I will update if anything new occurs.

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:31 AM

Thank you for your advice.

With regards to the missing/disabled drivers, the verifier was blue screening due to the h100iGTX USB drivers from Silicon Labs, so I removed them as they are non-essential for its function. It was also blue screening from the nVidia High Definition Audio Driver, so I disabled that device as well. I was using a PS/2 keyboard during troubleshooting, but it is no longer plugged in.

Memtest had no errors after 10 passes, so I guess now I will run the system with a single stick at a time. To be quite honest, I was hoping that the memory would be the failed component, as its an easy fix.

I will update if anything new occurs.

Sure thing. Let us know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users