Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF File 'Damaged' After Uploading To Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy818

Timmy818

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

Hi All,

When I upload certain customer PO's (Purchase Orders) to the ERP System, it gives an error after someone else tries to access that PDF file. It says it was 'damaged' or wasn't decoded correctly. But i can open the original file.

To solve this problem i had to re-print it again as a PDF and after uploading it, it THEN worked. Its only these couple cases, but majority of them are fine. But i need to fix this in my ERP software.I did a lot of research is it because the user that generates this PO is using an older version of adobe or a PDF generator? I've seen couple posts like this.

These things usually happened with PDF files sent from china vendors (factories), and i kind of got to a conclusion that they were using older pirated  software. But now this is a USA company.

Please do any of you have any suggestions?

this is the error i get

szeflz.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

I don't have Adobe pdf writer; I'm guessing at this:  does this pdf writer allow you to Save As a "previous pdf version" so their older adobe can read it?  Reason for guessing:  My Libre Office and Open Office allow me to convert my documents into an older version, such as Office 97 DOC.

Edited by RolandJS, 06 November 2015 - 04:08 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hi All,

When I upload certain customer PO's (Purchase Orders) to the ERP System, it gives an error after someone else tries to access that PDF file. It says it was 'damaged' or wasn't decoded correctly. But i can open the original file.

To solve this problem i had to re-print it again as a PDF and after uploading it, it THEN worked. Its only these couple cases, but majority of them are fine. But i need to fix this in my ERP software.I did a lot of research is it because the user that generates this PO is using an older version of adobe or a PDF generator? I've seen couple posts like this.

These things usually happened with PDF files sent from china vendors (factories), and i kind of got to a conclusion that they were using older pirated  software. But now this is a USA company.

Please do any of you have any suggestions?

this is the error i get

szeflz.png

Here is a couple articles that may help you?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/e95b7f20-859e-4f24-8f3a-0829225a5b9a/corrupted-documents-in-a-folder?forum=winserverfiles 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f4b6ca89-851d-42eb-ac55-a662437a0056/files-getting-corrupted-on-server?forum=winserverfiles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users