Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Screen Problem?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 quincyee1011

quincyee1011

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Forgive me if this isn't the right forum for this specific problem, but I'm a bit desperate to fix this issue. Here's the basic info:

Asus Laptop Intel Core i3 4GB RAM and 500GB -- don't know the exact model but I'll provide it if it's important. WIndows 8.1 is installed.

Windows doesn't boot up properly if I restart laptop normally.

Multiple restarts triggers startup repair (diagnosing doesn't do anything) which allows me to go into safe mode with networking by changing startup options. In safe mode with networking the laptop works fine, so the first thing I did was system restore back a few months. Tried the laptop again and it worked but eventually the laptop turned off by itself and I couldn't boot up Windows again.

Go back into safe mode like before and this time scan for malaware/registry errors with CCleaner, AVG command line scan and Malawarebytes. Find no malaware but find like 300+ registry errors. I fix that but the laptop still doesn't start properly, and in fact If I restart the laptop I get this glitchy screen interference image similar to the image linked --  http://www.virtuousgeek.org/bad%20stride.JPG

I go back into safe mode to check if I need to download any important driver updates and found an Intel Chipset Device update which fails to install. I'm not sure if I should just reset with a recovery installation USB or just lay down.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hi quincyee1011 ^_^,

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please provide us with the model number since it would help us in helping you :)

When you say that you got that kind of interference, was it during Safe Mode? Also, what is the error which you get when you try installing the Intel Chipset Driver?

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 quincyee1011

quincyee1011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hi quincyee1011 ^_^,

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please provide us with the model number since it would help us in helping you :)

When you say that you got that kind of interference, was it during Safe Mode? Also, what is the error which you get when you try installing the Intel Chipset Driver?

-Pranav

Sorry about all the fuss. I reset the laptop and now its fine. Thanks for the help anyway.

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:38 PM

Hi quincyee1011 ^_^,

-Pranav

Sorry about all the fuss. I reset the laptop and now its fine. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thanks a lot for letting us know :)

In case of any further problem, feel free to create a new thread ^_^

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users