Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

App run via Remote Desktop crashes when opened remotely from specific computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sheckay

sheckay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hello. I've come across the strangest problem. I installed this new app and told the users to open it up and get familiar with it. The remote office has a VPN (point to point) and they access remote computers via RDP to open the app. One user told me that the app crashes on her when she opens it. The error is: unknown software exception 0x0000409

But when I use a computer to RDP into it, and log on as her, the app opens without a problem. The problem is duplicated as she tried to open that same app while RDP'ing into other computers that have the app. And it happens whether she's logged in as herself or another users. But again, I can remote into those computers from other computers and open the app fine (while either logged on as her or another user).

The problem continues even if booted to safe mode with networking. I've also thoroughly scanned for infections on the user's computer.

Now, while using RDP, if the processing happens on the remote computers (the computers hosting that app) why would the app's ability to run vary so much from being remotely opened from one computer to another?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sheckay

sheckay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:48 AM

It looks like it was a user profile problem. I created another user on that computer. I was able to use that profile to connect and ru the app. But it's still strange that a small problem on the computer being used to remotely connect would cause an application error on the remote computer (when all the processing happens on that remote computer).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users