Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 inx73

inx73

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

Tech support of Microsoft says concerning windows 10,that such a combination  of windows defender 10,and Malwarebytes .org premium are not good for windows 10.

Only their recommendation of TREND MICRO is the best. They even sell this on their website.  I told them they should not be selling any internet security package or endorsing any of them,but their own Windows Defender. They say this is the response to customer complaints about the performance of windows 10,and that Trend Micro is the best,and use no other than this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hi inx73 :)

Allow me to have some doubts on what they say. Can you link me the website where you can see that Microsoft is selling licences for TrendMicro? Microsoft isn't endorsing any other products but their own on their website, so it's probably a fake one, or you've been called by a fake technical support from Microsoft.

Avoid tech support phone scams

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 inx73

inx73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:40 PM

Go to the Microsoft.com    www,microsoft.com. They are selling trendmicro  Under search on their website  enter trendmicro. Call 1-800-642-7676. This number in USA is the MICROSOFT phone number. Check it for yourself. ,

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Why don't you give me the URL? The only results returned when I look up "Trend" on Microsoft.com is an app from the Windows Store (which is free on top of that) and questions in the Microsoft Answers forums related to TrendMicro. I don't see them selling the program anywhere.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

I tried that, got support tickets of existing TM customers and a page from Microsoft Azure recommending Trend Micro as its partner: https://azure.microsoft.com/nl-nl/marketplace/partners/trendmicro/wfbs-90sp1-std-adv/

Otherwise I don't see any place where they sell TM licenses for home users.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

Used the link you provided Alex and looked up other Antivirus vendors, and there's Norton and McAfee products as well. It's because these are add-ons you can add to your Azure infrastructure, it doesn't mean at all that Microsoft only approves them or forces you to buy it at all.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 inx73

inx73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:36 PM

I shall not argue your own research. I.know talking to them they took the time to explain how TM was the best. They sell it for a high price than the TM I shall not continue all this.As far as I am concerned and many others are WD and MBES is fine This ends the discussion

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

Well, all we have is your word that Microsoft tried to push TrendMicro down your throat, but we have no proof of that on their website sadly so it's hard to believe.

Edited by Aura, 06 November 2015 - 04:56 PM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users