Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

The silent watcher .... mickyj

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mickyj

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:08 PM

I have been working against Malware for many years. funny, I have been to Bleeping computer many times, linked from Google searches. I have read posts and silently watched.

I have never felt the need to post. I am constantly on Virustotal, Malwr and other sandbox sites so I figured watching was fine. I am doing my bit so why post to Bleeping Computer.

Then it dawned on me. I have a great reputation out there but no one on Bleeping Computer knows who I am. Now that .. is not going to help me.

So, here is my intro.

I was a Microsoft MVP for 5 years, met Bill Gates yadda yadda.

I was the APAC chairman for the Global IT community Association for many years.

I run my own IT business.

I run my own IT Interest/User group.

I work with many AV companies including Trend Micro and have interactions with Virustotal, #MalwareMustDie and other antimalware resources.

I perform forensics and work closely with my local police.

and my true love .... Is photography :)

I have my personal website www.mickyj.com and my blog at http://blogs.msmvps.com/mickyj/, I also have a blog on Tor (try and find it!)

My company does a lot of pulling a part of Virus samples and we have our own lab. I love the satisfaction of pulling the rascals apart !

so, I am a Geek whom loves to play with code and loves to help.

Now you know a little about me and I have made my first post (after years of watching) so no longer am I a mysterious watcher :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,633 posts
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

G'day mickyj, and Welcome to BC.

Another Aussie to join the ever growing contingent here.

Stay and join in.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

#3 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,728 posts
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users