Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pop ups

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 iHateHackers

iHateHackers

• Banned
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

Well hi

pop ups are little bombs smoking your little computer world :devil: so to put it simple, it is a fashion now a days so get used to it every one :bubbles:

but the question is, if we see  pop up even once , what should we do..us e some antiseptics or a little bug spray like thing..so this means if u want a safe PC, stop using google, because if our searches lead to some unsafe sites you are vulnerable....

:warrior: blah blah blah

or could it be that malwares are prospering a lot and anti-virus/malware developers are not sharp enough to discover the upcoming malware threat before it's date of birth...

I heard some one saying people have invented mobiles and computers and put us in the pain of conceiving it for the rest of our lives...no it is a lovely invention..i owe to google besides all the negative things..it helps a lot to get knowledge, saves us time and effort but alongwith useful searches we mostly come across junk wares and dumy links too

Does Ad block stops all pop ups containing malwares?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

Does Ad block stops all pop ups containing malwares?

Answer....NO

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 iHateHackers

iHateHackers
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

can you explain it a bit :warrior:

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Sure...Ad Block Plus uses a signature base of KNOWN servers/ domains. Malware doesn't always use those known ad servers/ domains.

Edited by buddy215, 06 November 2015 - 12:18 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 iHateHackers

iHateHackers
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

signature base of known servers? what is that?

yea malwares are so naughty lol there is an option on Mozilla firefox for blocking pop ups I checked thosebut still I got pop ups..few of them on rare sites.. :pirate:..so does this mean we can never be safe online and there are always holes for malware to sneak in or do we need to have a master mind to have a secure, hundred percent trap-proof computer world :warrior:  

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

You can block more ads by clicking on the ABP icon and then click on preferencesUncheck allow some non-intrusive advertising.

If you would like to see the list of servers/ domains that are allowed if you don't do that, click on https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/exceptionrules.txt

I am assuming that you have Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox installed in Firefox.

If you still have popup ads appearing then you should use the programs below to find and remove the cause(s). I have no comment on your other 'questions'.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected.
  • Click the Remove Selected button.
  • MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR  REVIEW.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

#7 iHateHackers

iHateHackers
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

Okay thank you.. :workout:

Is it ok to leave pop ups and redirects as it is..if they are not too annoying? i got a redirect a number of times but now it does not show any more there are i think billions of common internet users who get infected every now and then...malwares are every where..haunting every one...i still remember that time when i started using inter net for the first time and i saw  a glittery pop up asking if i were a male or a female?

LOL

Edited by iHateHackers, 07 November 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#8 iHateHackers

iHateHackers
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

i have been thinking, this web site has almost every topic which interests every person...cool

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

I can't decide for you what is too annoying....

#10 eznetso

eznetso

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

Any pop-up blocker, spam filter, or virus protection is only as effective as it's weakest link, the user.  All too often we see systems with viruses, and when we ask the consumer the nature of the problem, inevitably it can be traced to the end user clicking "allow" or "accept" or "OK".  As effective as the protection can be, the hacker world gets smarter and smarter.  If you have your system set to block everything, but it sends you a notice and ASKS you if you want to allow a program, file, etc. the decision, and ultimately the consequences fall on that decision.  

If you have a security system, deadbolt locks, and a guard dog - but you open the door and invite in a burglar - none of the safety measures you put in place will help.

Your pop-up blocker can not determine as the previous poster stated, what is "too annoying" for you.  That is why the software asks what you want.  Ultimately if you turn on the blocker for everything, then the protection asking you constantly will be just as annoying, and more often than not the average user can't identify what is harmful just by the warning you virus software provides.   Your best bet is to stay away from sites that are less than reputable, and be smart.  No protection is foolproof, it takes good judgement and vigilance. 

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Please ignore eznetso's post as it is completely wrong about Adblock PLus which never asks you what you want to do but simply blocks the ads.

#12 eznetso

eznetso

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:35 PM

I am not sure why BC Advisor felt the need to be rude about the issue.  I didn't specify ANY specific ad blocking software, nor did I say any worked a certain way.  I was only stating that we as users can't entrust all software out there to do everything.  As users it's very important to understand what you are clicking on or agreeing to, especially when it comes to virus protection on your system.  All too often as a user we think that a software to protect us is enough, it's just important that we remain vigilant with what we do.  

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

.....Your pop-up blocker can not determine as the previous poster stated, what is "too annoying" for you.  That is why the software asks what you want......

You show that you don't understand how Adblock Plus works.

You also said in another comment on a topic I responded to that you wouldn't recommend the programs I did because they contain malware and/ or adware.

Which is totally bogus.

#14 iHateHackers

iHateHackers
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

computer world is so unreliable...right now I don't find anything challenging to deal with more than pop ups...

and for got to add, the ad-wares, which block the screen and when I click on cross mark to close it, a pop up appears.

Edited by iHateHackers, 08 November 2015 - 10:46 AM.

#15 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

If you intend NOT to scan with the programs I asked you to use and post logs for, then I really can't assist you further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users